Zelda Heart System

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Zelda Heart System

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#1]
Does anyone have a zelda heart/health system laying around?

I wanna use this type of thing where heart are red, half red, and then blue. Been toying with it for about 30 min but i'm so busy today...

Anyone got something?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#2]
Something this simple should be in the beginners forum imo.
There are so many simple ways to do this, but here's the one I popped out real quick for you.

SuperStrict

Graphics(800,600)

Global maxHealth:Int
Global curHealth:Int
Global heartImage:TImage

maxHealth = 10
curhealth = 7
heartImage = LoadImage("Heart.png")

Repeat

If MouseHit(1) Then curHealth = Max(curHealth-1,0)
	If MouseHit(2) Then curHealth = Min(curHealth+1,maxHealth)

Cls
		SetViewport(0,0,maxHealth/2*ImageWidth(heartImage),ImageHeight(heartImage))
		SetColor(0,0,255)
		TileImage(heartImage)
		SetColor(255,0,0)
		SetViewport(0,0,curHealth/2.0*ImageWidth(heartImage),ImageHeight(heartImage))
		TileImage(heartImage)
	Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

Please post trivial things in the beginners forum.

EDIT
Here, made it more flexable. This code can divide the hearts up into any amount, just change 'numberOfHearts' displayed and 'maxHealth'. Also change 'mousedowns' to 'mousehits' for lower values ofcourse.

SuperStrict

Graphics(800,600)

Global maxHealth:Float = 200
Global numberOfHearts:Int = 5
Global curHealth:Float = 7
Global heartImage:TImage = LoadImage("Heart.png")

Repeat

If MouseDown(1) Then curHealth = Max(curHealth-1,0)
	If MouseDown(2) Then curHealth = Min(curHealth+1,maxHealth)

Cls
		SetViewport(0,0,numberOfHearts*ImageWidth(heartImage),ImageHeight(heartImage))
		SetColor(0,0,255)
		TileImage(heartImage)
		SetColor(255,0,0)
		SetViewport(0,0,curHealth/maxHealth*(numberOfHearts*ImageWidth(heartImage)),ImageHeight(heartImage))
		TileImage(heartImage)
	Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

Ked(Posted 2009) [#3]
LOL @ Scienthsine

PS: Scienthsine, you shouldn't use SetViewport. I hear it doesn't work on all cards...

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#4]
haha, I said it was one of many ways. I personally would go with a different method, but that popped out first.

It wasn't described in the request, but the zelda I played had each heart in 4 divisions with a vertical and horizontal divide. This could be done pretty easily too. The easiest way would be to have 4 images (from empty to full), and keep drawing hearts full hearts until done or until you come to a remainder (a piece of a heart) at which point you could draw the remainder. It really is as easy as that.... Draw full hearts... then draw the remainder. I may mock up a simple example of that if I get decide to take another rest from my weekend project.

EDIT Ohh, and I don't mean to come off as offensive at all. I hope that helps some. Good luck!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#5]
Harsh!

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#6]
LOL!

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#7]
Ended up coding my own. The one above isn't bad but after trying it, it was a bit cheesy. Thanks for the effort though.

Lol...it wasn't anywhere near trivial. And yeah, you came off a bit snotty. No reason to act like that in these forums sir! :) New guys just kill me! :)

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#8]
Alright! That's what I had hoped for, something like this is best as a learning experience! Cheesy though? "I wanna use this type of thing where heart are red, half red, and then blue." I thought I hit that head on... and your welcome :)

New? Lol, I've had Bplus since before max, and max since the Mac-only beta. (Even though I didn't have a mac... lol)

It is trivial... really. I did it in a simple way there, but it's just as easily done with a tiny bit of itteration and some if statements.

Meh, I don't really care either way... but what does belong in the beginners forum then?

Lol... _new_ guys just kill me! :)

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#9]
WAIT WAIT
*grabs popcorn*
Continue!

Bremer(Posted 2009) [#10]
Ended up coding my own. The one above isn't bad but after trying it, it was a bit cheesy.

Could you perhaps show one how a non-cheesy version looks like then?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#11]
I would also be interested in what you came up with. There are an infinite number of ways to do something in programming. Something as complex as this could be useful to others you know.

All the zeldas I've played used a 4-piece heart system, with each piece being something like upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left. That is a bit more complex than just 2 halves. I also used viewports, which some cards (old I think) don't like.

So I went ahead and coded the 4-part system. Your right! It's nowhere near trivial... It took me -almost- 10 lines! Next time I'll have to remember to put some semicolons in there...

Graphics(800,600)
Global maxHealth:Int = 20, curHealth:Int = 11, heartImage:TImage = LoadAnimImage("Hearts.png",64,64,0,5)
Repeat
	curHealth = Min(Max(curHealth+(MouseHit(2)-MouseHit(1)),0),maxHealth)
	For Local i:Int = 0 To maxHealth/4-1
		DrawImage(heartImage,i*ImageWidth(heartImage),0,Min(4,Max(0,curHealth-(4*i))))
	Next
	Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

EDIT
I will say, however, that most of the top topics in 'Blitzmax Programming' belong in the beginners area IMO. Questions about floating point 'error', moving the mouse (it's one command...), etc...

Maybe instead of beginner and regular, it should have been regular and 'advanced' or something. Maybe just one... I just don't see the point with how they're used atm.

Anyway, done ranting...

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#12]
I suspect most frequent posters check out both sections anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#13]

Lol...it wasn't anywhere near trivial. And yeah, you came off a bit snotty. No reason to act like that in these forums sir! :) New guys just kill me! :)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=86100

More notably:-

Is this forum gonna get shut off in about a year just like Syntaxbomb?

But it is Us vs Them! BlitzMonkeys.com sucks!!! Down with BlitzMonkeys.com!

My point exactly. That's 3 years of coding snippets, knowledge, and ideas DOWN THE TUBES!! No thank you.

At least he was snotty once in your thread, you hammered mine three times, if your gonna give it, you've gotta take it sir. :)

Dabz

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#14]
Written by Scienthsine:
New? Lol, I've had Bplus since before max, and max since the Mac-only beta. (Even though I didn't have a mac... lol)

I have Bplus because it works under windows 7. Bmax makes under windows 7 serious problems, i read at least ^^

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#15]
Is that true anyone?

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#16]
No.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#17]
have Bplus because it works under windows 7. Bmax makes under windows 7 serious problems, i read at least ^^

You read wrong.

The only problem that Blitzmax has is that windows 7 (just like vista) won't let the program write to specific folders with UAC enabled, but BlitzPlus would run into exactly the same problem...

If you follow Microsoft's guidelines of using the proper folders to store your data, you won't have a problem with either blitzmax or blitzplus.

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#18]
Huh?!?! What nonsense!

BlitzMax works perfectly under Windows 7, and has since done since the Windows 7 RC was first available.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#19]
So this is now official, thanks for the answers. I see.. The problem is not realy serious. I have no windows 7 basic/home edition at moment for testing purpose. The prof. edition simulates windows xp and this is ok.

My target is a wide user range, wich have "Home" or "Basic" editions installed. Is there realy no problem with blitzmax and the win7 basic editions?

Evil Roy Ferguson(Posted 2009) [#20]
I've never had a problem with BlitzMax on Windows 7, which is now my main computer's primary operating system.

Interestingly, I *have* had problems with the "classic" Blitzes, though, and with programs written in them.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#21]
Wow sorry. Thanks for the help at any rate. Btw, I was using BPlus on my Atari 800XL!

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#22]
Lol, no sorries needed... I just really don't feel you can argue that something like that isn't simple. ;)

Well, I haven't been using blitz that long... I'm only 24 afterall :p, but I'm hardly new to it.

I was thinking about redoing one of those to scale the last heart down depending on how much health is left. There are alot of ways to represent something like remaining health. I think it would make a good competition or something actually.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#23]
Lol, I wasn't saying sorry to you specifically. :-) hehe

Apparently it's not simple because you revised it 2-3 times and now are talking about redoing it again and having a competition!! :)

But it's still not what I was trying to achieve...but no worries! :0) I made my own and it works exactly how I want.

Cheers and keep practicing! :p

Russell(Posted 2009) [#24]
I started with Blitz Basic 2 on the Amiga (I miss the B.U.M. [Blitz User Magazine] disks!). Never even heard of Blitz Basic 1... Anyone go back farther than BB2? :P

Russell

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#25]
*twitch*

Russell(Posted 2009) [#26]
I guess *twitch* means you started with BB1? Or possibly you hated the B.U.M. disk-magazine?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#27]
I was twitching in response to Chroma's post. Thought about responding but this thread has no purpose, never did...

Nah, I started with B+, as far as blitz languages are concerned anyway.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#28]
Chroma did have a point.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#29]
...*sigh* What he requested, I showed, and quite simply. I then went further and showed multiple other methods. That's like saying that since there are a billion ways to make pong, that it's complex.

I wanna use this type of thing where heart are red, half red, and then blue.

Tell me exactly how this differs from what my first example is?

But it's still not what I was trying to achieve...

I don't know how it could be any more exactly what he said...

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#30]
Can we get a lock on this please?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#31]
Yes!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#32]
No.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#33]
Maybe!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#34]
can someone please convert this to blitz3d?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#35]
here's what i have, but it doesn't work hardly.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#36]
Const KEY_ESCAPE = 1

Graphics(800,600)
Global maxHealth= 20, curHealth= 11, heartImage = LoadAnimImage("Hearts.png",64,64,0,5)
Repeat
	For i = 0 To maxHealth/4-1
		DrawImage(heartImage,i*ImageWidth(heartImage),0,Min(4,Max(0,curHealth-(4*i))))
	Next
	Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

Function Max(a,b)
	If a > b Then
		Return a
	Else
		Return b
	EndIf
End Function

Function Min(a,b)
	If a < b Then
		Return a
	Else
		Return b
	EndIf
End Function

Just remove the type identifiers like you did, and fill in what is missing. Min and Max are builtin functions for bmax, but you can define them like so. Then replace KEY_ESCAPE with 1, or just define it as I did above. After that, should be good.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#37]
ok, now how can i split up the hearts into rows of say 5, or 10? etc..

also, how can i make it so that no matter how many rows of hearts i have, i can deplete them or heal them to the minimum / maximum amount of hearts as well as being able to control w/ a variable how many pieces of 1 heart should get hit, and how fast?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#38]
Haha, now _that_ is a bit more complex.

Adding rows is pretty easy. Healing is done by changing curHealth, curHealth = maxHealth heals to the max. Changing how many pieces is in a heart is doable with the first code example I gave, with this one it wouldn't work. Animating would require some extra stuff controlling the curHealth variable.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#39]
i dont want to animate. well i do, but that can be done by simply slowly making the size of the heart from bigger to smaller back to bigger and on a timer.

so is there a way i can split the hearts into a max (given by a variable) # of groups?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#40]
Well, yes and no. The code there is made to split the heart into 4 square pieces, so it won't work for that. The second bit of code in my first post does allow you to do just that, however. Just by changing the variables you can set how many hearts and how much health. This means 4 hearts and 4 max health is 1 per heart, but setting 4 hearts and 40 max health is 10 divisions per heart. It will ever work for setting like 10 hearts and 5 health, meaning each point of health for the player equals 2 hearts. Adding more rows of hearts would require

Ohhh, and in that line "curHealth = Min(Max(curHealth+(MouseHit(2)-MouseHit(1)),0),maxHealth" in the code above is just for showing it off. All my line there does is increase health if mouse 1 is hit, or decrease is mouse 2 is hit, while keeping within 0 and maxHealth. It could have been written something like:
If MouseHit(1) Then curHealth = curHealth + 1
If MouseHit(2) Then curHealth = curHealth - 1
If curHealth < 0 Then curHealth = 0
If curHealth > maxHealth Then curHealth = maxHealth

Setting current health to whatever you want is how you would use it in a game or something, and then keeping it within range ofcourse. So just remove that line once you start manipulating the curHealth variable yourself.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#41]
no, by split, i mean how many WHOLE hearts are in one row going across.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#42]
Ohhh, sorry, misunderstood what you wanted there.

To do multiple rows, you just need to define how many hearts per row. Change the X drawing location in the loop to be i(which is current heart being drawn) modulus the amount of hearts per row. Then change the y drawing location to be i divided by the amount of hearts per row, scaled by the imageheight ofcourse.

Like so:
Const KEY_ESCAPE = 1

Graphics(800,600)
Global maxHealth= 60, curHealth= 25,maxRow=5, heartImage = LoadAnimImage("Hearts.png",64,64,0,5)
Repeat
	For i = 0 To maxHealth/4-1
		DrawImage(heartImage,(i Mod maxRow)*ImageWidth(heartImage),i/maxRow*ImageHeight(heartImage),Min(4,Max(0,curHealth-(4*i))))
	Next
	Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

Function Max(a,b)
	If a > b Then
		Return a
	Else
		Return b
	EndIf
End Function

Function Min(a,b)
	If a < b Then
		Return a
	Else
		Return b
	EndIf
End Function

edit> I should also note that this code doesn't like a maxHealth that is not a multiple of 4 (the amount of points in a heart), but it _will_ handle rows that aren't full. Like having 5 hearts per row, and a current health of 24, meaning 6 hearts.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#43]
thanks! this is awesome! now how can i make it so that a variable controls the speed of losing or gaining hearts. and how can i make it so that a variable controls how many hearts u lose or gain?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#44]
You can change any of those global variables during program execution. That is, if you character picks up something to increase his max health by a heart, just add 4 (pieces in a heart) to maxHealth. If your character gets hit by something, subtract the damage amount from curHealth. If you wanted something like a poison or regen effect, just add or subtract an amount from curHealth at regular intervals. Something like:
'This is in the code that applies the poison effect to the player
poisoned = true
lastPTime = millisecs()
poisonAmount = 1

'This part in the main loop, or some place that gets executed frequently.
if poisoned and lastPTime - millisecs() > 1000 then
curHealth = curHealth - poisonAmount

Or something like that. You need to play with the code, dissect it, and figure out why it works. Like I said at the top of this thread, this is something pretty simple. If it was a physics library, or a function for some complex matrix math operation, then it would be fine to wrap it in a function and use it ala 'black box' mode.... but it's something that you should be able to code yourself, or atleast understand every part of it.

If you can't code something similar to that on your own, your going to have trouble trying to code most anything imo. You don't need to do it all in a few lines like I did, you don't need to use modulus and fancy forumlas, it can be done with simple arithmetic and if statements. Just write down what is actually happening, write down values that you can figure out yourself, and how you figured them out. Then convert that to code, it says the same thing.

For this, I think:
I want to draw a blue heart for every 4 points(defined by me when I made the image, since I made it have 4 pieces) of their max health, then when I have less than 4 points of health, I want to draw 3/4s of a heart is 3 health is left (note it's no coincidence that I have 3 health left, out of 4 that is in a heart... so I'm drawing 3/4s of a heart...), 1/2(2/4s) if I have 2 left, 1/4 if I have 1 left, and a red heart if there is no more health to draw.
So:
healthNotDrawn = curHealth
For i = 0 to maxHealth/4-1 ('for every 4 points of their max health')
if healthNotDrawn > 4 then ('draw a blue heart for every 4 points')
drawimage(x,y,HeartImageFull)
elseif healthNotDrawn = 3 then ('draw 3/4s of a heart is 3 health is left')
drawimage(x,y,HeartImage3_4)
elseif healthNotDrawn = 2 then ('1/2(2/4s) if I have 2 left')
drawimage(x,y,HeartImage1_2)
elseif healthNotDrawn = 3 then ('1/4 if I have 1 left')
drawimage(x,y,HeartImage1_4)
else ('red heart if there is no more health to draw')
drawimage(x,y,HeartImageEmpty)
endif

Now, you notice I didn't write if statements on mine. I realize that when drawing I'm checking healthNotDrawn for values: 4 or more, 3, 2, 1, or less than 0. I know that when I draw an 'animImage' that I specify which image to draw with a number. So if I combine all of the images into an anim image, and arrange it so that an empty heart (zero quarters) is first at sub-image 0, then a one quarter heart at sub-image 1, then a half heart (two quarters) at sub-Image 2, then a three-quarter heart at sub-Image 3, finally a full heart (four quarters) at sub-image 4... then instead of using the if statements, I can just drawAnimImage and use healthNotDrawn as the frame parameter, to choose the correct heart to draw. Ofcourse, if they have more than 4 health, then I still draw a full heart, so I cap my frame value at 4. This can be done with an if statement to check if healthNotDrawn is above 4, or with a function that returns either healthNotDrawn or 4, whichever is the lesser amount. We defined this function as 'min'. The same kind of capping should probley be done incase healthNotDrawn is less than 0 (since our lowest frame number is 0) by using a max function of healthNotDrawn and 0.

Finally, how do I know the x and y values to draw at? Well, I'm running out of lunch break... so forget the multi-row part. If I'm just drawing from left to right, I know that I'm just saying:
For each heart I draw, move over by the width of the heart image. Now, our for loop is 'for every heart', so we could just have an x location variable that we add imagewidth(heartImage) to every loop, but that is the same as saying 'CurrentHeart * imagewidth(heartImage)', and i is our 'currentHeart' so i*imageWidth(heartImage) is our x location to draw to. That is, if our image is 32 pixels wide, we draw our first heart at 0 (0*32), our second is one heart away from that (1*32) our third is 2 hearts away from the starting x (2*32), etc...

Now, don't get depressed if you don't see things like this right away, it comes with experience, practice, and preparation. It's not something that everyone knows right away, but it is a 'beginners' thing, and you do need to be able to do it yourself.

Hope that helps, sorry it's messy, I'm using my lunch break to type this :p

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#45]
i WOULD be able to do it myself if someone would teach me the material. i mean if u noticed (just making a sincere comment), i am able to learn once u have shown me the material. i mean u cant learn something that's not there right? well u can, but it would be insanely difficult. and thats not the kind of person i am. i like to learn things as simple as possible. but the only way for me to do that is by example.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#46]
Well, that's fine, and the whole reason I went through the trouble of continuing this thread. :)

I just wanted to make sure you're actually doing more than copy/paste, and saying that you should write your own from scratch to further the learning experience.

Glad this thread turned out somewhat ok in the end. :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#47]
im sorry but this guide is a bit advanced for me to understand. im sorry.. :( can u show me a working example of how to use this so i may study it?

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#48]
Sorry man, I've only got so much time as of late. If I get some free time I might whip up a tutorial or something maybe...

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#49]
ok. i would be greatful if u could show me an example of this man :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#50]
anyone? :/

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#51]
u ppl are rude

plash(Posted 2009) [#52]
You seem to be ungrateful for the work which was already done for you.
I don't know who really wanted the code other than you, but if you keep up an attitude like that no one will want to even consider helping you in the future.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#53]
now u know how i feel for all the times all u ppl didnt help me.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#54]

Yeah, you really showed them! Your people skills are extraordinary.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#55]
yea. u really showed them as well. ur smartass skills are IMPECIBLE! =O

Ked(Posted 2009) [#56]
ur smartass skills are IMPECIBLE!

I do what I can. It gets me through life.

Anyway, please note that I did a heart system in BlitzMax (which is in the code archives). Even though it only supports one-line hearts, it shows you how to do it (e.g. 4-pieced heart, pounding effect). Maybe you should've looked there before throwing a fit?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#57]
edited

Ked(Posted 2009) [#58]
it cuts off part of the heart.

This one is mine and as far as I'm aware, it doesn't have any problems. If there is a problem, you should comment it and let me know so I can fix it.

I cannot reproduce any hearts being cut off.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#59]
edited

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#60]
no it is NOT ur battle. ur just starting shit. so back off. if i remember correctly

I realize you're too busy throwing insults to notice, but Ked was actually talking about the code being his, not some battle which only exists in your imagination. He linked to the code archives, you see, to some code which solved your problem.

this is CHROMA's thread. NOT urs.

It's a shame you didn't notice that earlier when you appropriated it for the purposes of getting people to do your work for you, shortly before they become your new public enemy number one as you show them how much you REALLY APPRECIATE their efforts.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#61]

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#62]
*sigh*
Ked> I saw yours and another in the code archive, looks good to me. :)

Rez> Nobody is entitled to help you. You should be grateful for the help you've gotten. Unlike the situation where you'd release some code that you needed for your own stuff (nevermind that you didn't even code it), I went out of the way to code the stuff above for you in hopes it would teach you something. It was my time spent on _only_ helping you, as it's not really a health system I like personally... but I guess it's just a
piece of crap.

I never seem to make it too long on these forums...

JA2(Posted 2009) [#63]
Could somebody code an MMORPG for me? Just post the code for me when you're finished.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#64]
Is it done yet?

JA2(Posted 2009) [#65]
Anyone?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#66]
consider this thread closed. i've had enough of all ur crap. i don't need ur crap. i have a cd copyright to sign and im outta here. my friend is making 1 of the world's best game making engines, that will blow all others out of the water anyway, and im a beta tester, so forget u. o yea! it will have directx 11!

Amon(Posted 2009) [#67]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#68]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#69]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#70]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#71]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#72]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#73]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#74]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#75]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#76]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#77]

edited.......

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#78]
edited

JA2(Posted 2009) [#79]
So...

Where did we land on this whole programming my MMORPG? I'd like it to use DX27 please.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#80]
ja2, dont bother. this fights already over. ur a little bit too late =D

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#81]
ps. directx 27 wont be out for another 16 years. enjoy ur mmo, jerk =D

JA2(Posted 2009) [#82]
Maybe you could help me? I've got this so far:

Print "Hello World"

It's almost finished, could you just fill in the rest for me?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#83]
edited

JA2(Posted 2009) [#84]
Excuse me but I take offence to the word dumbass :( I happen to be the proud owner of an intellectually challenged donkey.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#85]
good. im glad u do! maybe u can feel all the pain that all of u ppl have caused me!

JA2(Posted 2009) [#86]
It's been 8 whole hours now. Surely, one of you could have finished my MMORPG by now...

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#87]
edited

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#88]
LOL. I was in a bad mood and this thread really lightened up my day. Thanks everyone who participated! It's threads like this that make me come here :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#89]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#90]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#91]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#92]
Well, being meditaranean, my nose is big, naturally, so it's a little difficult sometimes not getting it stuck anywhere.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#93]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#94]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#95]
edited

Amon(Posted 2009) [#96]
lol!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#97]
edited

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#98]
edited

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#99]
********************************************************************************************************************************

Amon(Posted 2009) [#100]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#101]
o, and on another serious note, don't u threaten me.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#102]
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Amon(Posted 2009) [#103]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#104]
agreed. i'll edit the posts. BUT i want u to NEVER harass ppl on this forum again. know that i did it for everybody. not just me.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#105]
We all appreciate your sacrifice Rez. It will be remembered for generations.

NOW LET'S EDIT AWAY HISTORY :D

Amon(Posted 2009) [#106]
Don't worry about me. Keep your account in good standing. Blitz Research know me too well. I've been banned several times and had to buy a new account.

All because of language I've used. Seriously though you need to learn to take a joke. Not attacking you or anything but you'll find the people here very welcoming. We only poke fun at people who are being unreasonable, like you for instance. You did flip on everyone a bit so everyone flipped on you.

I think we should all chill and call it a day for this thread. I'll edit the quoted messages in my posts also so it doesn't show what you said.

Lets all chill wit da still. :)

Amon(Posted 2009) [#107]
Edit all your posts with the language, Rez!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#108]
We've all learnt something today. I feel like we've really bonded. I can tell we'll be good friends for a long time.

spacerat(Posted 2009) [#109]
This thread is silly and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#110]
ok. i'll agree to never post anything bad again, if ALL of you agree to not pick on me or ANYONE else on the forum who is just trying to get help. as long as they dont ban me, i wont say anymore cusswords. i only did this to stop everyone from getting beat up b/c ppl on these forums like to act like jerks.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#111]

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#112]
amon. now i agreed to stop. i only did this to help others and myself. its NOT funny in the least.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#113]
This thread is silly and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Are you crazy? This is my favorite thread. It's had me in stitches. You can either take life seriously and be depressed, or go "what the heck!" and have some fun.

I eagerly await GfK's analysis of the situation.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#114]
he wont need to. im editing the posts as amon has requested. ps. u dont need to ban me, i will be leaving blitzbasic soon enough anyway for a copyright cd deal, so it would be retarded to ban me, cuz my account wont be active anyway.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#115]
ps. they have directx 11 out for developers.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#116]
ok, amon and flavius. i've done my part. now its ur turns to edit ALL of ur posts and quotes.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#117]
ja2, u 2. i see a bad word in 1 of ur posts.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#118]
Seriously I hurt from laughing so hard. That statement about your nose getting stuck is just so random in the middle of all that censored conversation!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#119]
im glad u enjoy beating up on others so u feel better about urself. yea, thats SO mature. LOL

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#120]

good. im glad u do! maybe u can feel all the pain that all of u ppl have caused me!

Golly jee, a single tear rolls down my cheek!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#121]
I'm glad you understand, Rez. ;)

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#122]
Awww crap! I missed out on so much! I'm sorry rez, I was a super mega meany head to you, and I'll give you back your lunch money.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#123]
good *throws hammer at scienthsine*, *takes lunch money back*

**** IT KITTY, THAT'S A BAD KITTY! THAT'S MAAAAAAAAA LUNCH MONEY! O_O XD

JA2(Posted 2009) [#124]
ja2, u 2. i see a bad word in 1 of ur posts.

Why should I edit any of my posts when it was you hurling insults around at everyone?

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#125]
This thread is just mental! :D

Dabz

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#126]
Rez has 1197 post all within one year. Is that a record?

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#127]
*facepalm*

JA2, you're off the team.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#128]
I don't know why but Rez reminds me of DarkShadowWing.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#129]
yes, it is a record. :D and im proud of it :P

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#130]
ja2, because i took the time to edit mine. if u dont want to do it, fine. but i cant wait to see the look on ur face when ur banned.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#131]
Hahahaha

How exactly would you see the look on my face?

Anyway, don't worry about me, I won't get banned. If anyone gets banned over this thread then it's more likely to be you after all the insults you directed towards people who were trying to help you.

If you weren't so much of a cretin then I'm sure people would have continued to help you...

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#132]
and if it weren't for people like u, i wouldn't HAVE to do that in the 1st place. so back off. I'm done w/ u.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#133]
You really shouldn't have to resort to insults just because you don't get everything done for you.

back off

Kiss my donkey.

Yeah it's the same guy, just look at some of his old posts.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#134]
Anti-trolling is trolling too >.<

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#135]
yea, ur REAL mature. kiss my donkey LMAO! thats SO 10 years ago! XD

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#136]

Yeah it's the same guy, just look at some of his old posts.

For real? that's some coincidence (or not...).

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#137]
My zelda heart system is the best, there is no better one. You now all owe me money for seeing it. Rez, I expect you to pay up first.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#138]
scienthsine, my friend helped me make my OWN heart system, i dont owe u NOTHIN! =D

plash(Posted 2009) [#139]
Close the bloody thread already.

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#140]
He copied mine, and I'm going to sue you for damages! You'll be hearing from my lawyer and urologist!

theHand(Posted 2009) [#141]
Close it, quickly! This is NOT "BlitzMax Programming" anymore!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#142]
yea, u try that. XD

i think the court will laugh and sue YOU for trying to copy the code to begin with! XD

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#143]
ps. i use it in FREEWARE projects. therefore, u cannot sue me :)

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#144]
I killed someone with a freeware project. Best legal decision I ever made.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#145]
dont u threaten me.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#146]
o yea. he released the code. its not like i stole it online.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#147]
i never even USED ur code. OR image. i made my own image, and my friend helped me code my own version. it had NOTHING to do w/ urs. so BACK OFF!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#148]
u dont have to worry. im leaving blitz forever anyway. so dont talk to me! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#149]
if u dont like it, dont release a code. i didnt do anything.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#150]
its FREEWARE. YOU released it. i dont need ur crap! therefore! im leaving blitz FOREVER! GOODBYE!

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#151]
Are all the mods dead?

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#152]
It's the thread which just keeps on giving.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#153]
Well, you people seem to have enough time at hand. Why not try responding to one of my threads instead? Not asking for much, just try out the code I posted: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87639
Thanks in advance.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#154]
i dont know, warner. will i be sued for it? -.-

Warner(Posted 2009) [#155]
I live in the Netherlands. We don't sue here.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#156]
Lol. i was making a point.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#157]
Rez, I think you need professional help.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#158]
ja2, i already KNOW YOU need professional help

JA2(Posted 2009) [#159]
Why would I need help? Because I don't TYPE with ALL CAPS to get my point across?

You keep saying that you're leaving the Blitz forums. Why don't you just piss off and stop posting your drivel on the forums and begging people to do your programming for you?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#160]
you know what ja2? im not gonna say anything because when a mod sees u swearing, ull get banned. so im done w/ the thread starting now.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#161]
Asda has corned beef at 2 tins for a £1!!!

I went mental and spent £100 on corned beef, jumped into the car, tipped the carrier bags onto the passenger seat and drove to the ICI plant in Billingham wearing nothing but hessian undergarments and a Dan Dare t-shirt, when I got there, I pulled up outside the security offices of the plant and attempted to eat the lot, sadly, I popped into the Wetherby service station and had a sandwich, toffee crisp and a can of diet coke... I did manage to eat 8 tins, the rest went on smothing my face, legs and car with it.

A security bloke came over and asked what the hell I was doing, so I tried to cover him in it, he wasnt amused and proceeded to call the police. When the police arrived, I started making noises like a stick insect and pretended to fly like a goat, the police dont have a sense of humour, so I was admitted to the TGISNJ (Teeside General Infirmary for Smoggy Nut Jobs)

Weird day that... And I've went right off corned beef too!

Dabz

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#162]
*laughs* ur post just made my day XD

Amon(Posted 2009) [#163]
How in THEE hell is this thread still going.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#164]
I have no idea! :P

Dabz

Amon(Posted 2009) [#165]
By the way a similar thing happened to me one day, dabz, but it was the buy one get one free of tinned northern spam. :)

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#166]
Spam, its like cheese, but meaty!

Dabz

Amon(Posted 2009) [#167]
Spam, its like cheese, but meaty!

Yeah! It's also rimey. Spam is like ham but smooth as spam ham. You see?

Amon(Posted 2009) [#168]
Wow! lol, it also rhimes with lamb. Can you beleive that. It rhimes with lamb and ham. Wow!

Warner(Posted 2009) [#169]
Did you know that spam stands for for "shoulder pork and ham"?

Warner(Posted 2009) [#170]
And that a can of spam is opened each 4 seconds?

Amon(Posted 2009) [#171]
I don't beleive you.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#172]
http://federalbureauofmiscellaneousinformation.com/can-spam-opened-every-4-seconds

Amon(Posted 2009) [#173]
The.... THE FBMI? You beleieve everything the government and the FBMI tell you?

We're slaves. They're here............ RUN!

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#174]
The whole world gets punished because Rez's dad didn't pull out :(

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#175]
dont u bring my dad into this!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#176]
Rez doesn't have a dad, he has two moms.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#177]
So .. anonymus teasing on the internet, eh? .. that's .. real brave.

N(Posted 2009) [#178]
Why the hell does this thread have ~180 replies?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#179]
flavius, im pretty sure ur ur own mom, so BACK OFF!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#180]
hahahahahaha

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#181]
yea, i found it quite funny too XD

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#182]
Please don't leave Blitz. You're a widely respected member and contributer of this community. :(

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#183]

Which one looks the more stupid?

Answers on a postcard too:-

Michael Flatley
23 Dances Like A Flid Road
Embarrassing City
Gayness EC1 123

Dabz

Flemmonk(Posted 2009) [#184]
hey Rez you remind me of that little imature kid who used to be called 'DarkShadowWing', are you related to him somehow???

Edit: Nevermind, I actually decided to spend 5 minutes reading the majority of this thread and someone else brought it up already. I dont want the mods to ban you, because you been here is of great help to us.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#185]

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#186]
That's going on 4chan.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#187]
http://freshballs.com

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#188]
yea, w/e flemmonk. ur just a "monk" what do u know? speaking of which, what kind of name is that? foreignese?

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#189]
I don't think I used /b/ correctly. The picture isn't coming up.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#190]
"phail"! XD