Modules problem...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Modules problem...

orgos(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, one time again i have problem triying to build modules.

First i have installed the MinGW current version then i install the las version of BMax 1.34.

When i open the MaxIde like always it ask if i want o rebuild the documentation but, when latter i try to rebuild the modules, but the options are disable both Build module and rebuild all modules.

I chek the enviroment variables and are fine, i execute some command from command line from the bin exe of my mingw and the command are execute fine.

What i can do?

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
If the options are greyed out, it means that the IDE is missing some environment variables.

What operating system are you using? Under Vista / Windows 7 you'll need a few more variables than you do under windows XP.

When I had a partially-installed copy of MinGW myself (under XP), I know that I could still use the CTRL-D keyboard shortcut to recompile the modules even though the option was greyed out in the menu. Perhaps worth a shot?

But anyway, what environment variables DO you have set for MinGW?

You may want to check out this:
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67297
or this:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67202

orgos(Posted 2009) [#3]
I use Windows XP.

The shorkut CTRL-D don't work :-D for my nothing happend.

I set the user variables like this

Name: MingGW
Value: c:\MinGW

System variables:

Name: Path
Value: ......;c:\MinGW\bin

and yes my MinGW installation is on c:\MinGW

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#4]
When i open the MaxIde like always it ask if i want o rebuild the documentation but,

Use Rebuild Documentation in the MaxIDE program menu to fix this.

To double check your path variables, I typically open a DOS / command line window and type the command path. I would examine carefully the entire PATH list, if you have other gcc based tools installed such as DevKitPro you may be wanting to move your mingw path to beginning of list. If you did not select C++ option when installing MingW you will need to fix that also.

orgos(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hi skidracer

When I say about rebuild documentation is when I install and run Blitzmax for first time, I know that clicking in rebuild Documentation fix the problem.

I post the message in the devteam forum to request the feature, because its more easy to configure the path of Mingw installation folder than configure the environment variables; I see that feature in codeblocks software and work fine.

I told you what I make to try to compile modules.

First I have installed codeblocks with mingw, and everything work fine with that, I are testing some others game libs, and everything compile fine with mingw and gcc compiler.

I make a new installation of BMax to see if the Build Modules options in the menu go enable, but nothing happend, the menu option still disable. Then I go to sourceforge and download the mingw installer, then I run the installer and install the full mingw on c:\Mingw\, then i go to environment variables window and set the "path" variable with the c:\Mingw value at end of string as the examples say. Then I open a windows command console and type gcc and the compiler run, after that I run the MaxIde and the Build Modules option still disable.

I make this in two computers and i can't enable the Build Modules options.

So what I can do?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
"Build Modules" is enabled by the presence of the environment variable MINGW.

This is what the IDE source says :
?Win32		
		Local mingw$=getenv_("MINGW")
		If Not mingw
			DisableMenu buildmods
			DisableMenu buildallmods
		EndIf
?		

orgos(Posted 2009) [#7]
Now I have enable the options.

Really thanks Brucey.