can somebody try this

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/can somebody try this

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#1]
I would like to know if any nice chaps can try this executable and tell me at what frame rate does it drop down to. I want to test if the method I'm using to do things and find out if it is worth the effort. I am looking for some low specs machines. anyone reporting back, can you also include the machine specs and operating system?.
I tried it on my laptop Centrino duo 2GHz and Intel graphics. It drops down to 440fps and peaks at around 710fps. I don't need the peak just how bad it gets.

The executable doesn't use any threading so it is not taking advantage of the dual core.
you can download the executable from here:
http://www.filefront.com/14541291/shmup.zip/

I included the windows and Linux(Ubuntu) executable.
(in lenux it drops down to like 65fps which really breaks the code.)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
mine showed 400+ with a drop down to 15... but I didn't notice any slowness like that!

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#3]
the problem I had was with Lenux. It works Freakishly slow and inconsistent like it stutters. I don't know but I think it's emulating 3d OGL hardware for the Intel Graphics. Ubuntu doesn't support the Intel integrated graphics cards directly.
did you tried it in your vista Turin 2ghz machine? that is way slower than I spected. It must be a vista related problem :?.
Thank's for testing it out _Skully.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#4]
Ya, its a laptop... its all I have right now save for some really old machines that are limping with weird intermittent hardware problems (aka unusable)