ParticleCandy for BMax using Xors3d

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ParticleCandy for BMax using Xors3d

Xaron(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi all,

thanks to Madjack I managed it to let the ParticleCandy run with Xors3d using BB3D. I made another step forward and converted this great library to BlitzMax! So now I'm able to use the ParticleCandy within BlitzMax using Xors3d. :)

Sounds great, mhh? I'm in the process to create a patch file process, that way I can share that method without the need to share the library itself. So everyone owning the ParticleCandy should be able to use it with BMax from now on.

Next step will be the SpriteCandy. I'll contact Mike (the creator of those libraries), maybe he want to share those changes as well...

semar(Posted 2009) [#2]
Interesting. Could you share a code example ?

Xaron(Posted 2009) [#3]
Do you know Xors3D? Actually the code looks exactly like the BB code - beside the differences with types/lists and so on.

MadJack(Posted 2010) [#4]
Xaron

Have sent you an email, but would be very interested in getting a copy of your Blitzmax/Xors versions of PC and SpriteCandy (given I have licenses for these libs).

(or from anyone else who has converted these libs)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#5]
this is interesting..I do have Xors3D for Bmax too..but havent converted ParticleCandy(have license too)..however I did convert LotusR2 in to Bmax since at time I use to play with B3D, was faster than any particle lib i saw, and yet excellent excellent effects...nice to see Xors package entirely moving to Bmax..its very nice :)

MadJack(Posted 2010) [#6]
NA

You really should have a go and convert SpriteCandy (he says without any alterior motive ;-). Feel free to sort out ParticleCandy as well.

Still, if you know of anyone who's done this, I'd really like to get in contact with them. I sent an email to Xaron but he hasn't replied and I see he hasn't posted for some months now.

N(Posted 2010) [#7]
however I did convert LotusR2 in to Bmax since at time I use to play with B3D, was faster than any particle lib i saw, and yet excellent excellent effects
Any chance of sharing that?

MadJack(Posted 2010) [#8]
NA

Any chance of getting a copy of your Bmaxed LotusR2?
I've sent a couple of emails Xaron's way but haven't heard from him and although I've gotten TU2 running under BMax, I've had to disable all the particle fx (sob).

MadJack(Posted 2010) [#9]
Hmm. Xaron came through a couple of days ago with ParticleCandy (thanks xaron!) - but still need a SpriteCandy replacement.