SVG Viewer (Win32)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SVG Viewer (Win32)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
A little example SVG file viewer made with BlitzMax.

There are some example svgs included with the archive, but it should work with most kinds, I believe.

SVGViewer_win32.rar (4.5 meg)

A bit big I know, but there's all that supporting gumpf that comes along with these things.

It should also work in OpenGL, but I haven't got around to implementing that bit yet...

Anyway, it's really nothing very exciting... and more of a tech-demo.

Fun fun ;-)

kfprimm(Posted 2009) [#2]
Pretty cool and useful. Which library handles the SVG loading and rasterizing?

EDIT: Never mind, I checked the modules list.

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#3]
This is nice. Didn't know SVG supported animations as well.

If only there was a FPS display :) I'm curious about the speed.

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#4]
Brucey! That is awesomely cool!

I am seriously in awe! I'm guessing this is using your QT framework... How is this coming along? QT looks like a really nice polished and feature complete toolkit, although admittedly 11MB DLL's are quite big.

Didn't know SVG supported animations as well.

Neither did I.

sebas76(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hi Brucey,

Cool features.
I'd like too to know which library display/rasterize the SVG file ?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
How is this coming along?

It's getting there.
My half-filled swear jar is a testament to some difficulties I've had with it, but things seem to be going very well at the moment.
The "painter" (renderer) is very good. You can switch between painting to a widget (like GDI), or to an image, or to OpenGL, or even Printers and such like.

It's also apparently very skinnable, although I'm way off that part of the library at the moment - it's rather big.

One nice thing about these different projects is I figure out new, better ways of accomplishing some tasks, which I can then apply to other modules. Always moving forward :-)