IDE with string highlighting for the dislexic...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IDE with string highlighting for the dislexic...

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi there is there an IDE with that nice text processor feature of string highlighting, when you select or enter a word other words spelt the same are highlighted?

It's a feature I noticed and didn't quite think I needed until I realised how many spelling based errors I get whilst codeing!

PS yep dislexic is the wrong way to spell it but you must admit given the condition it's not a good word to use! ;o)

okee(Posted 2009) [#2]
I've seen this in something lately, can't remember for the life of me what the program was.

.. It was Microsoft Small Basic, not much use to you I guess.

.. Actually Notepad ++ has it, you just double click on a word

Perturbatio(Posted 2009) [#3]
eclipse does it, but there's no up to date bmax plugin for eclipse :(

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
Probably something that could be done as a BLIde plugin.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#5]
I had mentioned to Ziggy how helpful it would be if Blide could spell check all strings within quotes. He seemed to agree, but I'm not sure if it is a priority or not.

therevills(Posted 2009) [#6]

but there's no up to date bmax plugin for eclipse :(

Brucey is cooking something:

I'm currently knee-deep in a side-project which is going quite well.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8077&log=1434

:D

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#7]
Notepad++ does this as well.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#8]
Are you referring to the word prediction like you get on phones?

In an IDE, it would have to flip between intellisense outside quotes and rems and word prediction inside quotes and rems... but that would be sweet!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
Are you referring to the word prediction like you get on phones?

No, he means that, when you click on a word/variable in the source, it will highlight all occurrences of that word.
It's very useful. A feature I use a lot when working with Java in Eclipse.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#10]
Oh ya I've seen that before and yes its very useful, especially when attached to that is the ability to change all occurances; however, I could see that getting complex with types/classes

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#11]
Hey Merx, I feel your pain, I suffer from Dislexia too... its a real pain in the butt having to spell check every silly little simple word you type... i do it for every post... including this one.

Bruceys stuff is always worth the wait, so his editor is something I'm looking forward to.