Ninfa3D (Lite) 1.0f available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Ninfa3D (Lite) 1.0f available

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#1]
// ······································································································
NINFA3D Engine 1.0f
\\ ······································································································

- Now, effects using default of Irrlicht (normal, parallax mapping), for better performance.
- Remove effect specular mapping.
- New example: vehicle, BSp maps and Zip loader.
- Added function for vehicle.
- Updated the system of physic to the version "2.03 Archemedia"

Not had time to convert the new demos, but the headers have been updated and the old demos have been modified to match the changes.

Full packages have been created (No FreeBasic distro is needed).

See the downloads section at http://www.mysticrealitystudio.comuv.com

I am in the process of creating proper help files for BlitzMax and C#, I will convert the new vehicle demos once this is complete.

Be aware the vehicle commands are still considered as beta, so should not be used in your projects just yet.

P.S. C# 1.0f also updated in a similar fashion to the BlitzMax package.

Enjoy! :D

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ian Thompson thank you very much, this is fastly becoming my favorite 'play-around' engine.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#3]
..I agree with Swampdonkey..i have shortly tested this over some of my levels and its incredibly fast actually..but im a bit confused with this 'LITE' version..what is it and how is it different from some 'PRO' or whatever you call non-LITE version?? What are the differencies?

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#4]
The way I understand it, and I could be way off here, is that the Ninfa3d team are and will continue to develop the Ninfa3DLite engine but they are also developing a second engine which will exceed the lite in many ways.

"It is a software development kit for realtime 3D graphics, with particular focus on games. It has been specifically designed for professional, which has been achieved by giving the developers full control over the game code mechanics and next generation graphics."

In my searches i found this - http://www.ninfa3dengine.com/ which is quite different than the MysticNinfa3D site.

But none the less, the Lite version is very robust and feature rich! the last version seemed to me to be near project-ready now with the release of yet another update I can see it getting even closer to being able to take it 100% project-serious. Ian is working on some docs, which are sorely needed.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#5]
What Ronnie said. :P

'Pro', I believe will have a deferred renderer, with more lights, better shadows etc...

I converted the two new main demos, here they are if you want to grab them quick, I'll put them in the full archives too.

"Body - Vehicle (ALPHA).bmx"

"Mesh - BSP Map.bmx"

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks Ian.

Christer(Posted 2009) [#7]
It dosent seem to load a .b3d file exported from 3D WorldStudio correctly. The whole map seems to become black with no textures. Yes the textures are in the same folder.

Also tried to load a file exported with Terra Ed. Well they work but if I load a when exported with "Vertex Alpha" the textures have very sharp edges I dont know why.(Image: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3125/3d1.png) But when I load when its exported with "Supertexture" its good but its a kinda sucky way to work.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#8]
If I try to animate a model that doesn't contain any bones or skinning etc, the model just stands there. I've made my animation in 3dsmax and exported to .b3d, a simple animation using position and rotation only (for a robot type vehicle). It all works nicely in blitz3d but not in ninfa3d for some reason.

Could I email my model to anyone of the ninfa3d team for testing?

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#9]
(Beta) BlitzMax and C# docs added here...

http://www.mysticrealitystudio.comuv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=500

Enjoy! ;)

Panno(Posted 2009) [#10]
thx