and editor that makes editors?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/and editor that makes editors?

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]
ok so I am tired of having to make uniqu editors for all of my games... is there an app to make custom editors that exists? If not then I guess I shall go about making one someday soon to save myself and others a lot of trouble :)

or perhaps theres even an editor to make editors for editors? haha

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Closest thing would be a GUI layout tool lol... otherwise, call yourself an "Editor" and your all set ;)

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#3]
Well, I started working on a generic editor (pretty much for any 2D game). You can read a bit about it on our blog: Click here!

It's going to take a while (planned for nov-dec this year) but I plan on releasing it.

beanage(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well, an "editor for editors" .. in my (equally upcoming) framework, i have the editor running in the engine as a modification tool, while it actually is a scripted modification for the engine itself .. you could create thousands of more specific level/item/.. editors with that, depending on your games needs, while you can equally create your whole game with it. The editor for editors imho hasnt to be more than an engines ide!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#5]
Nate, are you using a GUI module?

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#6]
haha yeah I guess you have a point benanage... the ide is my editor... so I have an editor that I can make an editor for editors with :) now to make the editor of editors with my editor... and I will check that out JIM