BlitzMax coder 0.2 ....

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax coder 0.2 ....

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#1]

Hi there BlitzMaxCoder 0.1 made quite a splash and managed to get over an estimated 4000 hits so I would like to thank everyone who contirbuted to the first issue.

BlitzMax coder issue 0.2 is looking for...

Tutorials...

Hint and Tips...

Games/Apps in Development...

Postmortems of Games/Apps completed...

News items...

... is there anything else you would like to add?

Note that the blitzmaxcoder.com website will provide an online version of previous issues of the magazines content shortly.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#2]
How about reviewing some games\apps? I do not recall seeing that in issue one and there are some cool things being release like TimeLineFX, for one, that people may not be aware of. I`m not sure if you want to venture into review territory though?

Also developer interviews are always fun to read so hopefully these will be a permanent feature. There are plenty of talented Blitzers around :)

Jason.

N(Posted 2009) [#3]
I'd like to see you interview some random person (GfK, Warpy, etc.) and puki at the same time. Nothing could go wrong with that.

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#4]
Someone (i forgot) used to post 'this month in blitz' mentioning all the releases that month. That was nice.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#5]
You have to interview puki!

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#6]
Why Gary? Other than comic relief I don't see a point :)

N(Posted 2009) [#7]
Comic relief is the most important of all the points.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
I don't think Puki has BlitzMax. Maybe it doesn't sit well with his sausages.

N(Posted 2009) [#9]
I'm pretty sure he has a copy of every Blitz product known to man.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#10]
Hmm lot's of volunteering each other but no volunteers, maybe I should write an online app where the users who don't step back quickly enough get volunteered?

On the other hand I could try a motivational poster! ;o)

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#11]
I could possibly do a bit about the development/design of the retroremakes framework if you like? The real question is what's the deadline and how many words? ;)

JA2(Posted 2009) [#12]
Is there a need for tutorials on anything 3d? I'm not so good with the 2d stuff myself, but I wouldn't mind making some simple tutorials on 3d modelling, texturing, programming etc. I'm currently using Xors3d through bmax for my own game project.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#13]
@Muttley that would be excellent flexible deadline early August, as many words as you would like, and even some pictures if you want!

@JA2 I'm sure there would be a lot of interest on anything 3d!

Drop me a line at submissions[at]blitzmaxcoder.com, and thank you!

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#14]
@Merx: OK. I'm on it. :)

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#15]
@Brucey well I have asked you but you have very elequently declined to provide us with any kind of article on your amazing contributions to the BlitzMax community, let's just hope the community can bring you round!

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#16]
@Quicksilva good idea if anyone can recommend any BlitzMax games or apps for review please let me know?

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#17]
How about have a "virtual demo disc"? Where in each issue you provide a link or 2 to a couple of BMax demos kinda like the demo disc in the gaming magazines at the store?

Just throwing ideas. That'd be cool though.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#18]
I think you should do a "Code of the Month" section where you reprint a really cool piece of BlitzMax code from the archives. There are a lot of interesting code pieces in there that many of us may not even know exist.

I would also really appreciate each month a new 3D engine highlighted- i.e. what's so special about "engine X", perhaps a sample of code to show how it integrates into BlitzMax, who's working on it and what can we expect from future releases, etc.