Join the DevTeam!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Join the DevTeam!

marksibly(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

I've decided to open up the interal 'DevTeam' forum to anyone who is interested and willing to help test/develop BlitzMax.

To join, you should have purchased BlitzMax and be willing to try out potentially dodgy release candidates.

Please DO NOT join if you're not completely happy with trying out experimental software! In particular, don't expect anything released in DevTeam to be up to building 'release quality' projects - that's for 'real' releases.

If you're interested, please contact support@... (include you bb.com account user name) and let Simon Harrison know you want in!

plash(Posted 2009) [#2]
Sounds like a great idea. There are some true gurus around here that could really help out with this.

Unfortunately, I have no time to spend helping with this, and I don't think I'm skilled enough :D.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
Nice!

Ked(Posted 2009) [#4]
Awesome!

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#5]
Doesn't sound like anything I could help with at the moment, but I just wanted to add a big thumbs up for a good idea.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#6]
Great idea, I`m sure many good things will come from it.

Jason.

Shagwana(Posted 2009) [#7]
Done this in the past and it is something that can help yourself ensure that the programming language you want to use is the best it can be. Well recommended.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#8]
Indeed... I was doing this with Blitz3D when it was in beta. I recall Mark adopting "Entity" from my code... and although it caused me a big search/replace in my own code, it was still gratifying to see it become part of the language itself. I wish I could recall what entities were called before that...

Being a part of the language growing, and sussing out bugs/glitches is a good little distraction too and forces you to get a little more familiar with the language nuances.

Cheers.

Snixx(Posted 2009) [#9]
Sounds good.

skn3(Posted 2009) [#10]
Cool! Wish I had the time to help nowadays!
I would propose very game orientated features alot similar to cocos2d!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#11]
I sent an email

simonh(Posted 2009) [#12]
Everyone who's sent me an email so far has now been added to the dev team. Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page and you should see an extra forum - if not, email me again!

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#13]
Note that topics in the dev team forum do not show up in the active topics list. Unless you fancy fixing that Si? ;-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#14]
Unless you fancy fixing that Si?

Nor searching :-)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#15]
Good to know... since I almost always just review the active topics search

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#16]
..this is very nice...if you consider to work anything for PS3 porting, i would like to participate..

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#17]
Thanks for offering this opportunity.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#18]
How long does it take to hear back or find out if you are accepted?

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#19]
thanks for offering this.. sent an email

RiK(Posted 2009) [#20]
Aha, nice to see the invites again. Used to be in the gang, then I wasn't (presumably due to a lack of activity) but now I'm back in the loop it would be nice to get the juicy stuff again.

Mail sent :)

Russell(Posted 2009) [#21]
I also agree it's a great idea, although I don't have the time to participate.

Would like to see a lot of Brucey's modules become part of the standard BMax release (such as Box2d or Chipmonk - If their licenses will allow it).

RJ

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#22]
GaryV (Posted 3 months ago) #18
How long does it take to hear back or find out if you are accepted?
Poor GaryV >:)