Upgraded to OSX10.5 and now IDE crashses

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Upgraded to OSX10.5 and now IDE crashses

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this, but I used to use the BMax IDE on my Macbook Pro on OSX10.4. I recently upgraded to 10.5 using an official OSX DVD, and today I tried running BMax for the first time but it bombs when I compile even something as simple as Print "Hi". This is what I'm getting. Any help much appreciated!

Do I need to reinstall Xcode or something or use a different version of the IDE? I'm using V1.30 right now.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#2]
rebuild mods?

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#3]
reinstall xcode?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#4]
MaxIDE seems to run "ranlibs" (no, I don;t know what it is either) when it first runs, so maybe that would do it? I think you can run something like a "bmk ranlibdir" command line ?

MikeHart(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yes, I would get the newest Xcode and rebuild the modules.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#6]
MaxIDE seems to run "ranlibs" (no, I don;t know what it is either) when it first runs, so maybe that would do it?

If it was that then he would be getting this error message.
mod/any.mod/any.mod/any.release.macos.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)

Probably xcode wants reinstalled.

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#7]
OK thanks all. I'll try reinstalling xcode from the new OSX DVD.

N(Posted 2009) [#8]
You'd probably be better off getting it from Apple's developer site. The one on the DVD is older.

Winni(Posted 2009) [#9]
Yep -- download XCode from Apple's developer connection and install the latest OS X updates. 10.5.7 is the current version and the first beta seed of 10.5.8 was released a few days ago. And rebuild everything.

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#10]
OK will try that. I installed the XCode from the DVD but it didn't work. Same crash.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#11]
After rereading your log, try removing cfg\ide.ini as MaxIDE may be crashing due to a font issue in the output frame.

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#12]
Awesome. The fix worked (rebuilding modules also caused the crash). Thanks loads! Guess the upgrade must have removed some font the ini was referencing.