axe.v8

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/axe.v8

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#1]
V8 is a free high speed JavaScript compiler as featured in the Google Chrome browser.

This module is not really useful yet but at least it builds on win32 and executes basic script.

The challenge now is understanding the template based embedding methods described here and understanding BlitzMax serialization such as that utilized by the cool new brl.lua module.

Hopefully with some help from the experienced user base here I'm hoping V8 and BlitzMax can be best of friends.

Anyone interested in helping out can check it out from here. Apple (Intel only) and Linux both untested but may work.

https://max-edit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mod/axe.mod/v8.mod

Import axe.v8

v8("var a=22;b=a*55;")
v8("b*2;")
v8("a*2;")
v8("'now max can call v8, it would be nice if v8 could call max back...'")

The v8 command currently evaluates script in a persistant context and prints the result (which in jscript is the value of the last evaluation encountered).

degac(Posted 2009) [#2]
Question: on Linux (FLTK) html gadget doesnt' handle Javascript (last time I checked...months ago)
Will be possible to use your axe.v8 module to provide JS support to HTML gadgets under Linux?

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#3]
CommitMonitor showed it to me. Cool stuff! I think I should give it a go with my favorite JavaScript framework, MooTools

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#4]
Nice Module idea !!
I would enjoy using Javascript rather than learning lua in order to add Virtual Machine capabilities.
Good work :-)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#5]
Looks like the current SVN version is broken?

I get a ton of errors on compile after download:

...And so on.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yes sorry, in the process of upgrading to latest, please revert to revision 49 of axe.mod until at worst end of week.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#7]
OK, module now seems to be working OK using latest 1.3.11 V8 source.

Please update and test.

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#8]
Seems to require a username/password.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#9]
Compiling OK now -- thanks.