Cross-Compiling with BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Cross-Compiling with BlitzMax

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
As some of you may have seen from my previous posts, it is now possible to cross-compile to a Win32 target from Mac and Linux :

You can read a little more about it here, which includes links to documentation and downloads.

The updated BMK available there, also provides direct Universal-build functionality for Intel Macs. (if you only want that functionality, you only need to download the BMK binaries).

Note that for various reasons we can only target Mac->Win32 and Linux->Win32. Perhaps in the future this might change, but don't hold your breath.

Thanks to everyone who helped to iron out the bugs and documentation.

:o)

Enjoy!

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#2]
SVN version of the CE IDE now includes support for this! Link in my signature.

(Note: untested on Mac, but should all work!)

pls(Posted 2009) [#3]
This is so cool!

PLS

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#4]
For Brucey's (and I guess others) interest, I have been using a LINUX compiled version of the CE version of MaxIDE on my WINDOWS machine with zero problems for the past couple of days. Very nice...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#5]
This sounds great, but is all you need just to use the CE ide and no other downloads/files?

And where is the CE ide svn version?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
is all you need just to use the CE ide and no other downloads/files

No :-)

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#7]
1. Right now, you need to obtain the maxide CE from SVN (links in my sig), and build. I'll do a build of CE IDE in the next few days.
2. Follow Brucey's instructions & downloads to set up cross-compiling.
3. You can choose to use Brucey's steps to prove bmk is working by building modules from command line, or fire up CE IDE and do it from there.

simonh(Posted 2009) [#8]
Awesome work Brucey. The direct universal-build functionality will save me a lot of faffing about.

nawi(Posted 2009) [#9]
I get a bunch of compile errors
Compiling:freeprocess.c
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:155:22: Tlhelp32.h: No such file or directory
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c: In function `TerminateProcessGroup':
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:168: error: `PROCESSENTRY32' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:168: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:168: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:168: error: syntax error before "procinfo"
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:171: error: `TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mod/freeprocess.c:174: error: `procinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
Build Error: failed to compile /home/nawi/BlitzMaxWin/mod/pub.mod/freeprocess.mo

I'm using gcc 4.4.0-2.

EDIT: Fixed by renaming 'Tlhelp32.h' to correct tlhelp32.h. this was probably written by a windows guy..

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#10]
Yeah, it's a bug in freeprocess.c

Mark says it'll be fixed in the next BlitzMax update.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#11]
Excellent Brucey now how about an iPhone app on the PC ;o)!

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#12]
The latest version of the CE IDE can be found here, including compiled win32 and linux versions supporting Brucey's cross-compiling BMK.

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=84959

You will need to install both Brucey's changes, and the new maxide.