Koriolis zipstream broken by 1.33?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Koriolis zipstream broken by 1.33?

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#1]
After updating to 1.33, Koriolis.mod zipstream seems to break with "Unhandled Exception: Zip data error" when using a password. It works fine when no password is used.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#2]
Hmm. The big change recently was BlitzMax having unicode strings everywhere. Could it be that the password is being passed as a unicode string when an ansi string is expected and thus the password shows as incorrect?

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#3]
This error will occur if the password is not being set to the file correctly. Maybe you are using a relative path or something?

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#4]
This error will occur if the password is not being set to the file correctly. Maybe you are using a relative path or something?

Upgrading to 1.33 is the only change I've made. My code has worked without problem for many months before this.

I'd feel better if someone can either confirm or debunk whether this is a 1.33 related problem. Anyone else seeing this error reading from a password-protected .zip file?

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yes but silent bugs can become unhidden when code changes. I experienced this recently when the user specified a relative file path, and a file was loaded with the full file path specified.

plash(Posted 2009) [#6]
Works in 1.32 :/

http://files.filefront.com/zipstream+testzip/;13729437;/fileinfo.html
Zip made in 7Zip and encrypted with "ZipCrypto".

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#7]
Plash: I tried your example and it works with 1.33! Thank you. I should have tried a very simple example before crying "bug!".

Leadwerks: It appears you may be right. So, a silent bug may have been "exposed" when I upgraded to 1.33? I'll start digging. If I find anything worth noting I'll post it here.

Thank you!

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
Certainly.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#9]
Oh! I feel like a damn fool. I moved a couple code lines around in an effort to organize the initialization process of my game and (you guessed it) I was not setting the password before I tried to open an external file.

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time. Back to more important issues and thanks again! :/