TV3D - Troubles with CTVDeviceInfo

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/TV3D - Troubles with CTVDeviceInfo

kenshin(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm trying to get the current gfx card driver name and adapter name, but both commands return garbage and an unhandled exception.
Local DeviceInfo:CTVDeviceInfo = CTVDeviceInfo.Create()
DeviceInfo.SetCurrentAdapter(0)
Local tp_driver_name:String = DeviceInfo.GetDriverName()
Local tp_adapter_name:String = DeviceInfo.GetAdapterName()
Print tp_driver_name
Print tp_adapter_name

What am I doing wrong here?

Everything else in CTVDeviceInfo works fine except these two commands.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#2]
Bugger. Wish I'd read this before I sent you the updated module. Expect another update shortly :p

kenshin(Posted 2009) [#3]
Sorry Gabriel. My eyes were hanging out my head last night, so many hrs programming. I though it was a problem with my code, as I looked at the source and spotted that the return is meant to be a char* pointer. I have been trying all sorts of casting, Byte Ptr and Varptr combinations, but none work.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yep, that was the problem. I had defined those extern functions with a String return type, when it actually should have been $z. I fell asleep before sending it off last night, so I'm just about to send the new, new version now.

kenshin(Posted 2009) [#5]
Both commands are working fine now. Thanks heaps Gabriel.

Don't panic, I won't find any more problems for a while now:) We just bought a new house, so we're going to be busy moving and setting everything up again over the next two weeks.

Cheers for now, and thx for fixing this up.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#6]
Glad it's all working now. I actually like it when people find problems, it means there are less bugs left. I just worry about sending people attachments multiple times because I know certain hosts complain and there's a chance they might not get the second one. You obviously got it ok, so no problem. Hopefully, there shouldn't be too many more silly mistakes like these ones. Still, at least the silly mistakes are easy to find and fix.

Good luck with the move.

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#7]
i think i can host the new package,i has a personal server with 160G space,Gabriel,if you can resent it to ,me i can give the stable download link(or i can create a static html for you,people can visit and download the newest version)

check my profile for my email!!