setMemBit error: membit already set

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/setMemBit error: membit already set

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#1]
I got the following exception thrown at me:

Unhandled Exception:setMemBit error: membit already set

What does it mean? Is my program trying to assign something in memory that's already in use? It's hard to trace the error because I get the App Crashed dialog from Windows and that kills the debug stack trace.

xMicky(Posted 2009) [#2]
Did your app try to access a locked TImage ? I remember that was when I got that error

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#3]
Nope. I'm trying to debug a bug in my XMLRPC-EPI wrapper and got this error after sticking in some debugstop's. When these weren't in there I would get a dialog from Windows that my application crashed, and the debug stacktrace was left empty.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
What does it mean?

Usually it means there's a problem with the GC.

Which most often turns out to be a bug in your wrapper ;-)
(Although there have been some recent issues with 1.33... so make sure you have the latest release (rc5 as of this post) and rebuild everything).
Common causes are storing BlitzMax Objects in external memory but not "retaining" them... whereby the GC might free the Object which you later retrieve from external memory and try to use...

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#5]
I figured that much (that it was my wrapper) :-). Anyway, it seems I've fixed my problem. Good to know it has to do with the GC.