Flow Update 1.05 Released

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Flow Update 1.05 Released

AdrianT(Posted 2009) [#1]
This is a duplicate post of the announcement on General Discussion. Wasn't sure where to post.

It’s been roughly a month and a half since the initial release of Flow3D and we’ve been hard at work since then. We’ve fixed and added many things as we progress towards version 1.1 - this maintenance release is a culmination of these efforts. The BlitzMax software has also been updated to version 1.32, which removed some functionality that Flow3D utilized. This update fixes problems that users were experiencing when updating to BlitzMax 1.32. If you want, you can head on over and download the latest version, or check out the changelog and future release schedules below!

Change log

NOTE: fG = Flow Graphics Helper functions

.scene/dotscene loading support added with the OgreMax Loader. See Samples/fG_DotScene Loading.bmx for details.
Added cross-compatibility with BlitzMax 1.32
Added support and samples for scene node animation.
Added support and sample for billboard objects.
Added support for using external window handles with fG.
Added samples for using WxMod and MaxGUI with fG. WxMod and MaxGUI are native window APIs that allow you to create native application windows for use in your applications.
Added better line drawing implementation.
Added manual object and line drawing samples.

While the 1.05 update provides some modest improvements, many of the major features planned for 1.1 are still in development. To give you an idea of what’s coming up in version 1.1, here’s a short list of features that are guaranteed to be in Flow3D Version 1.1.

NOTE: .scene is a ogre XML scene format supported by many Ogre Exporters.

Abbreviated 1.1 Feature List

Mac OSX Compatibility
Full Render-to-Texture Support
Hardware Instancing Support
Max2D Emulation Support
Simple Shader Examples
Low-Level Vertex Access and Modification
OgreNewt Vehicle Physics Demos

That’s it for now! As always, a big Thank You to all of our testers and supporters who have helped shape Flow3D into what it is today.
We look forward to bringing out Flow3D version 1.1 in the near future!

http://www.flow3d.org

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#2]
I have to say Flow3D looks to be the best BlitzMax 3D solution I have seen so far. I was skeptical at first because so many projects like this die after partial implementation, but Flow3D looks like it could go the distance!

Make it to version 1.1 with Mac support and I will promptly buy a copy.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#3]
wow, this update looks very sexy! I'm looking forward also to the 1.1 version!