Groundhog day only with Import and Include!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Groundhog day only with Import and Include!

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi ladies an gentlement,

OK I started my latest with by writing the Vanilla game objects each in it's own file!

Got it to build the game structure no problem so far!

Now I was looking at throwing the graphics and artwork into the mix only to realise I had this nice game Grey Alien Game Framework (GAGF) that I should really use!

Now the problem is not the Framework it's very good! ;o)

The problem is combining GAGF and my simple set of objects, in effect my simple objects will become extended version of the frameworks objects obtaining in the process graphics and other features!

So if you have a nice branching tree of dependencies with the occasional dependency appearing more than once, what is the best approach to structure the code?

Problems I am hitting are Types are not being found or duplicate Types are being found.

N(Posted 2009) [#2]
You probably want to post an example of the code that's giving you an error so people have a reasonable idea of what you're doing.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ha that seems to have done it I've Included everthing and that seems to have worked, now I can start making a game!