BLIde 00.09.77-A Available!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde 00.09.77-A Available!

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#1]
A new BLIde version 00.09.77-A is available for BLIde Plus users (Free edition comming in a couple of days or so).
This new version includes lots of changes and improvements:

1.- Several improvements on general performance

2.- New unmanaged solutions mode. This new solution system has been designed for users coming from C or C++ ides and gives absolute freedom of oprganization and referencing of files. Those that were not feeling confortable with a complete managed solution system, will find this new addition very interesting

3.- Tones of stability fixes, optimizations and corrections.

NOTE: We've found that, sometimes, Microsoft .net can get confused when an application is updated, giving some csc.exe error at first run (then the internal framework cache is refreshed and everything works like a charm). So if just after updating you get several error messages regarding the file CSC.exe, restart BLIde and it'll work as expected.

BLIde Plus users can get the update HERE (autentication requiered)

BLIde Free Edition users get it HERE

EDIT: It is recommended that you uninstall any previous version and delete the Blide folder before installing this version, due to the BIG changes in most DLLs and Vista virtualization that is... just... you know...

Bremer(Posted 2009) [#2]
Thanks for the update.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#3]
Just updated. Was a bit of a pain that it didn't preserve my settings (font size etc.), but those are changed fast enough :-).

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#4]
...Still no drag 'n drop support???

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#5]
@Htbaa: Yes, it has drag&drop! But don't drag inside the code window.

It is recommended that you uninstall any previous version and delete the Blide folder before installing this version, due to the BIG change in most DLLs.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#6]
Doesn't the updater reinstall dll's? So where should I drop my files then?

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#7]
ziggy:

Everything works great, but I noticed something different: in every other version of Blide I could easy and quickly end my program by clicking on the large "A program is running. Press here to stop it" button. However, in this newest version, it now takes several hard clicks for that button to stop the program. Before, it was just one quick click and the program ended instantly.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#8]
Doesn't the updater reinstall dll's? So where should I drop my files then?
Yes, but the installer itself is also new, most GUID have been recreated, so uninstalling first, in this particular case, is highly recommended.

You could drag and drop files anywhere outside the code window (the toolbars, menu, wherever!)

@Tachyon: I have not changed this! that's weird...

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#9]
Ok, unusual, but I'll try that.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#10]
I love downloading, I love installing....
Thanks. :)

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#11]
9.65A pro....damn I guess I should update :)

@Tachyon, i've only ever had that problem when the cpu was pushing 100%, or when I didn't use sleep/delay in the app. Perhaps you're having the same small issue?

Edit: You could always set process priority to above normal on blide to prevent this as well.

siread(Posted 2009) [#12]
Uninstalled old version and deleted folder. Installed the new version, went through the preferences wizard then was told something like "Internal module database has failed. Blide will now restart." Restarted, the mod thing worked ok and now it appears to be fine.

Will try some coding!

siread(Posted 2009) [#13]
One very minor annoyance...

When you have several project files open it would be nice if clicking the close button closed them in reverse order of which you last viewed them. So if I click Tab 1, Tab 6, Tab 3, clicking close should close them in order or Tab 3, Tab 6, Tab 1.

I'm sure older versions used to do this, but now it closes the current tab then opens the Help page.

siread(Posted 2009) [#14]
Something that was fine in the last version...

Highlighting a word then pressing Ctrl+F should populate the search box with that word.

Like the fact that "Search Hidden Text" is default now. :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#15]
@siread: Yes, I replaced one default option by the other in the search and replace dialogs. I'll add both for the next update, that should come in a week or so.

siread(Posted 2009) [#16]
Also, can the search function restart at the top of the file when you reach the bottom?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#17]
BLIde Free Edition version also available now!
Get it here

This version has been built in order to force administrative rights to be run on Vista. So if UAC is ON, BLIde will still be able provide compilations of modules, samples or whatever the user wants without worring about UAC. Disabling UAC is still a requisite, but you know, newcomer users won't think 'this does not work' any more, and experienced users won't be getting weird bugs caused by the (sometimes) buggy implementation of virtualization on Vista when UAC is enabled. This last minute fix will be also added to the Plus Version on the next update (in a week time more or less).

BLIde users working with vista with UAC off, or users working with XP will not see any difference. (appart from the shell avatar in the BLIde icon that indicates that it is an Administrator application).

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#18]
New ultra small BLIde Plugin available for everybody here:

http://www.blide.org/plugins/downloads/keydown_keyhit_intelliprompt.rar

This is a very small plugin adds intelliprompt for the keydown and keyhit commands. Making BLIde show a list of available keycodes defined in the brl.keycodes module when the BLIde user write keydown( or keyhit( Source code is included and it shows the usage of some of the new internal SDK APIs.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#19]
ziggy, I am running BMax v1.32. Whenever I compile my module, I get a message in the debug window that says "WARNING: This BlitzMax installation doesn't support multi-thread building." And, it will not let me build my module with multi-threading.

I have built all modules in both non-threaded and threaded. What makes it print this message?

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#20]
There's also a translation error. When using Save As it's says, in the file type list, BlitzMax document in Spanish.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#21]
@TaskMaster: This is becouse BLIde is using a 'check threads are enabled' algorithm based on 1.30 SVN version, that had a different threading implementation. I'll release a fix later today for this (and some other) small issues.

@Htbaa: Thanks! I'm also fixing this translation error.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#22]
IMPORTANT WARNING:
Next BLIde update, coming very very soon, will requiere an administrator account to run. Users with non administrative accounts should create one, That's the only way I can ensure module building, documentation etc, works 'out of the box' in all BlitzMax installations, including those with UAC on. Users with an administrator account and UAC off, will see no diference to current version.
Also, BLIde settings will be stored (from next update untill further notice) in a folder BLIde will create in the Documents user folder, so different users can have their own preferences when running BLIde and, also, this way follows 100% Microsoft rulues about programs storing data in the Program files Folder.
Also, Plugins will have their own folder there!

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#23]
NEW BLIDE UPDATE FOR BLIDE PLUS USERS
Changelog:
[*] Changed the way BLIde handles its configuration files. Now a folder called BLIde Framework is created inside the users Documents folder, following Microsoft strict rules about security and user accounts.

[*] BLIde now is an administrative application. That means it has to be run from an administrative account. As BLIde has to be able to modify files inside the BlitzMax folder (for example, when modules are built), this is the only way to make it safe of virtualization on Vista. Specially with computers with UAC on.

[*] BLIde Recovery Utility has been removed from the package. To restore the BLIde installation you only need to delete the BLIde Framework folder inside the user documents folder.

[*] Now different users of the same machine can have different BLIde preferences and work even with different BlitzMax versions

[*] Fixed an issue that was activating tabs in the wrong order when pression Ctrl+W to close the active tab

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde not serialize properly the publisher icon on unmanaged solutions

[*] Fixed some small issues on intellisense

[*] Fixed an issue that could leave an unmanaged soluition in a corrupted state. Now BLIde is able to load this corrupted solution files, and fix them.

[*] Fixed an issue that could introduce void nodes in a solution projects structure, when making the XML serialization

[*] Fixed an issue in the VSIntegration namespace of the BLIde SDK APIs

[*] Improved unmanaged solutions loading time

[*] Added a new Add Ons manager in BLIde

[*] Removed the Add Ons manager separated utility from the BLIde Package. It is no longer needed

[*] Moved the BLIde Plugins Folder to Documents\BLIde Framework\Plug-Ins. BLIde will auto-move pre-existing plugins to the new folder

[*] Added BLIde configuration migrator, to let BLIde refresh pre-existing configurations when the new UAC friendly mode is applied for the first time

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde not build threaded modules even when thread building was available on BlitzMax version 1.32

[*] Fixed a Bug with highlighting braces when inserting code snippet.

[*] Few bugs with the Ansi C parser have been fixed.

[*] Fixed a bug with displaying generic types in code completion listbox on the SDK parser

[*] Fixed a bug with incorrect displaying long space character (/U+3000).

[*] Fixed a bug with caret still displayed in the editor when autolists looses focus due to switching to other application.

[*] Fixed a bug with updating positions of bookmarks/line styles when typing text

[*] Fixed a bug with caret movement when expanding collapsed regions.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Find dialog not to select the currently selected text on the editor, when opened

IMPORTANT WARNING / BREAKING CHANGE:
This update requieres an administrator account to run. Users with non administrative accounts should create one, That's the only way I can ensure module building, documentation etc, works 'out of the box' in all BlitzMax installations, including those with UAC on. Users with an administrator account and UAC off, will see no diference to previous versions.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#24]
After I upgrade to 9.78A, BlideExplorerRunTime seems not working properly.

When I try to open single .bmx file through explorer, it works and start a new blide instance if there's no blide running. But if I have any running blide, it gives no response. Opening solution is fine.

I tried uninstall and reinstall, but it stays the same.

I'm using XP.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#25]
Hi Tommo, this is a bug and I'll provide a fix for this ASAP (hopefully tomorrow). You can downgrade to 0.9.77-a if this is really annoing you. I've added an old versions download in the blide plus downloads section. Remember you can still drag and drop files to the documents TAB to open them from widows explorer (as long as you don't drop them inside the code area of the edit window, that's the only limitation now).
Be aware that Drag & drop is only supported on Vista machines with UAC off and running an adminsitrator accout.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#26]
Thanks for fast reply. :)
I never knew I can drag file to TAB...

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#27]
Why is it that every time I upgrade I need to reconfigure the associated files for the code parser, BLIde addons and the way my source code looks (overriding my set font size).

It's very annoying to reconfigure it all every time.

plash(Posted 2009) [#28]
I don't know if this has been caught already.. but I cannot drag text around in the source code editor.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#29]
I noticed the same thing. Thought it was my machine at the time though.

Edit: Speaking about the add-on manager... Where did it go? I can no longer add stuff to it?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#30]
New update available. This update should keep all preferences of the user, when updating from a previous version. It fixes the AddOns manager not being able to add new addons, and the BLIde ExplorerRuntime issue, among some other small annoing things.

plash(Posted 2009) [#31]
Could you make BLIde save the positions of loaded files in the tab bar as well?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#32]
@Plash: This is not possible right now, there are lots of things to get into account before making this possible, as I would have also to store the positions, z-order, and in general, all properties of the document-containers. Be aware that BLIde can have several document containers in its layout and making a complete serialization of all this is too much complicated to be done in a simple update. I've got plans to do this, but it will mean another large beta-testing phase (like the one that has bring us the unmanaged solutions).

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#33]
QUESTION TO BLIDE VISTA USERS.
BLIde now works in adminsitrative mode, this way everything works in BlitzMax 'out of the box'. That is, building modules and samples inside the program files folder, avoiding virtualization etc.
Mark was looking to the same problem on MaxIDE and came out with a different possible solution, that I found interesting:
Add a check to MaxIDE to determine if it can successfully write to the appropriate directories (including writing a tmp .exe). Pros: User can potentially run MaxIDE in non-admin mode if installed outside of program files; Cons: User will have to manually select 'run as admin' if Max is installed to program files (same as current situation).

I could also add this check to BLIde, but this is somehing that can't be done in a configurable way, becouse the admin requierement is done due maniffest configuration, so... How many of you preffer the Mark idea? Now that BLIde stores all the configuration properly following Microsoft rules, the only reason to force administrative rights on BLIde is to warranty BlitzMax compiler compatibility with Vista.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#34]
I run as admin with UAC off, so it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#35]
As always,
Thanks for this new update Ziggy !
Blide must be part of the official BlitzMax package if anyone doubts :)

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#36]
I currently find it a bit annoying that I have to give permission to startup BLIde. With your previous installers I just manually changed the rights in the appropriate directories and all was well. I still prefer that method.

Kistjes(Posted 2009) [#37]
Thank you very much for the new update!

I don't know if this has been caught already.. but I cannot drag text around in the source code editor.

Hoped it was fixed in 9.79A :(
Any change? I miss this feature quiet often.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#38]
Htbaa: This means you have UAC on, and that can introduce some problems in current BlitzMax 1.32, even with correct permissions on Folders, specially when building modules documentation. That's why I've changed it, I would have prefer to keep it simple! I'm looking for a way to avoid this.

@Kistjes: I'm looking to it, not sure it'll be on next update, but I hope so!

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#39]
So far I haven't had any problems changing the folders permissions.

If a program requires the user to disable security applications that come with the OS then it means there's a fault in the design. Period. It means the programmer needs to alter the design. There's no reason to not use the C:/Users/<username>/AppData directory for saving user specific settings and temp. files. (no offense here, just my thoughts about application design and adapting to the environment it's supposed to run on)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#40]
@Htbaa: Well, the problem is not with BLIde, but with the makedocs blitzmax utility and with the build modules utility when max is installed on program files. If I were ablt to modify the bcc to make it more vista compatible, I would.
There's no reason to not use the C:/Users/<username>/AppData directory for saving user specific settings and temp. files.
I prefer those files to be accesible to the user (not hidden), so I've put them in the documents folder inside a folder called BLIde Framework. You can see there all your settings, plugins, etc. the permissions problems are with the max compiler, when max is installed on program files. Anyway, I'm working on another solution for this.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#41]
Is anybody using a BLIde unmanaged solution with TortoiseSVN?

I'm getting an error when I try to commit changes, but *only* with BLIde's config files; *.blideUS and *.BLIde.us.layout. I've committed before and no errors but now it says "Malformed file; Failed to load properties from disk".

I'm a bit miffed now, as I can't commit changes fully to my repository and I don't know why. Two other modified .bmx files committed OK by themselves.

Ideas?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#42]
Hey Gfk,
Is this error being reported by BLIde or by TortoiseSVN? If it is caused by BLIde, could you please send me the corrupted BLIdeUS files? It is very strange, becouse those files are internally just XML files, created by the System.Xml.Serialization library from .net wich I'm sure produces 100% regular plain text-based XML files.
TortoiseSVN support long filename extensions, doesn't it?

EDIT: I've surfed it on the net, and it seems to be caused by the Tigris SVN. There's an option to 'clean' the .svn folder. this may fix it.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#43]
Yes its an SVN error. Just seems odd how it complains about both BLIde config files and nothing else.

I reverted back to the previous version for those two files, then did another commit. That seemed to fix it.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#44]
I have had that sort of error in the past with SVN. The solution has always been to do what you did.

Save the file somewhere else
Update the file from SVN
over right it with the newer version
Commit the file

Not sure what causes it. Something gets corrupted in the process.

I do know that Norton's A/V software causes problems with SVN, so do not use Norton with SVN unless you want to have a world of problems with SVN. :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#45]
@Htbaa: Finally, next version will use the same approach Mark has suggested for all the UAC issues, so you won't get any more the permissions window when you launch BLIde.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#46]
Ah ok :-).

Small thing I noticed. When I start BLIde I can't use ctrl+shift+o to open any other file. I can only use it when I've got some other source file opened. It doesn't work when the only tab that's open is the welcome tab.

Also, dragging source files seems to have stopped working?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#47]
It doesn't work when the only tab that's open is the welcome tab.
This means the html viewer control has the focus and is trapping the keys shortcuts. I'll make this control not the default one, in order to prevent this.

Also, dragging source files seems to have stopped working?
That's vista that is not allowing you to drag from the non-administrator windows explorer to an administrator application, so this will be also back on the next update (hope this week). If you disable UAC it works. (it is incredible the amount of things related to UAC, sometimes I think UAC creates more problems than it solves!!)

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#48]
Thanks. I'm sure UAC has it good parts as well though :P.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#49]
NEW BLIDE UPDATE AVAILABLE VERSION 00.09.80-A

Changelog:
* Fixed a bug that was making BLIde not free some resources after a Publish operation, when the publishing process failed due a BlitzMax error

* Lots of fixes and improvements on the Drag & Drop support for BLIde Plus

* BLIde Plugins were not properly initialized and installed when updating from a BLIde version to the next one

* BLIde UAC control has been modified and improved to allow BLIde operation on non administrative Vista or Win7 setups. User will have to give BLIde the appropriate privileges "By hand" in this particular scenario

* BLIde now is an administrative application. That means it has to be run from an administrative account. As BLIde has to be able to modify files inside the BlitzMax folder (for example, when modules are built), this is the only way to make it safe of virtualization on Vista. Specially with computers with UAC on.

* NEW UAC control mode for BLIDE:
BREAKING CHANGE: Users that were using BLIde from a non-administrative account, entering administrator credentials to run it on Vista, could lose their settings after the update, to prevent this, copy the BLIde Framework folder from your administrator account Documents folder, to the non-administrator Documents folder.

* Several fixes and speed improvements on the Text Renderer engine

* Implemented some API improvements to the BLIde SDK. BLIde SDK now exposes a way to call the BLIde Publisher (this is part of a WIP addon we're developing, more info soon).

* New BLIde Updater mode, that will allow BLIde Plus users to update BLIde without having to manually go to the web, download, extract the EXE, run it, etc... From this updateuntill further notice, BLIde will make the process of getting and installing an update a lot easier. The regular web service will be also mantained.

Remember to provide feedback if you experience any issue!

GfK(Posted 2009) [#50]
I haven't tried this in the new version yet, but in the last version, the "Threaded build" option always defaults to False in unmanaged projects. Bit of a pain if you're using threading.

I'm adding some threading stuff to my game soon so I figured I should probably mention it. :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#51]
Gfk: You mean this option is not serialized properly? Or just when you create a new solution? It should default to "off" when the solution is created for the first time, but then the threading status should be serialized with the unmanaged solution. You should be aware that the threaded flag is "by solution" and not by application. Maybe this has to be changed?

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#52]
You mean we can finaly use drag n drop with this new version :D Would be fantastic ! But currently I fail in this...
Auto-updater too is a great idea. Is this option hiden somewhere ? I mean do we have to enter our login info before somewhere ?
Trying right now ! Nice new layout by the way.
Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#53]
Auto-updater too is a great idea. Is this option hiden somewhere
Not really, when BLIde find there's an update available, will ask you if you want to update BLIde, then it'll open a dialogue where you can put your BLIde Plus credentials (they can be stored so you don't have to re-type them on every update), and the same dialogue will download the new installer and launch it. As you're installing the updater on this new version, you'll exeperience it on the next (when you have to update).

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#54]
hehe ok then :)
By the way, the todo list keep his status icon after updating now. Great !

GfK(Posted 2009) [#55]
Gfk: You mean this option is not serialized properly? Or just when you create a new solution? It should default to "off" when the solution is created for the first time, but then the threading status should be serialized with the unmanaged solution. You should be aware that the threaded flag is "by solution" and not by application. Maybe this has to be changed?
I only have one application. Forgive me as I'm not clued up on all this terminology; serialized, solutions, application etc. I have one game, comprising of I think 74 included bmx source files.

All I know is that when I try to compile my program, it declines saying that "Identifier 'TThread' could not be found". It does this even though Threaded Build is set to True. It compiles perfectly in MaxIDE.

Further, 'Threaded Build' is *always* false when I open my solution in BLIde. Maybe you got a typo somewhere, but something ain't right!

[edit] Oh, all of this is in the latest version of BLIdePlus with an unmanaged solution.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#56]
@Gfk: Ok, then it is a bug! I'll fix this ASAP and send you a fixed version with this issue corrected (hopefully before the weekend), as this should not be happening. Thanks for report! Just one more question, if you don't mind. Do you open your solution from Windows Explorer, from the BLIde menu or from the welcome page?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#57]
@Gfk: Can't reproduce this here, could you please send me your BLIdeUS file in order for me if the threaded option is being properly stored in the solution file (to see if the problem is that this option is not being properly saved or it is not being properly loaded)...

GfK(Posted 2009) [#58]
Um... can, but its on my dev PC (which isn't this one). Shall send it tomorrow. :)

[edit] Never mind - just tried an older version of my project that I had on here and its exactly the same - Threaded Build is always 'false' (it says false in the BlideUS file too, even after I've changed it to True and saved it), plus it won't build in Threaded mode.

Check your email in two minutes.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#59]
Ok, I think I've found a possible issue caused by the xml .net framework and BLIde. Hope to have an update before the weekend for everybody, as it is a stability issue. Thanks for finding it!

GfK(Posted 2009) [#60]
:)

hub(Posted 2009) [#61]
i'm trying the free version.
How to type some french characters with blide ? i'm trying to open my bmx file (created with maxide) and some characters don't display properly (squares). (please see picture)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#62]
Please, could you send me a sample bmx file in order for me to ensure it is not a unicode issue on MaxIDE? Wich version of MaxIDE are you running? I've seen some of them ignoring the proper Unicode encoding on windows in the past, not sure if this is a bun on BLIde, but I would like to test it anyway. My email is on profile.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#63]
Hi Ziggy hit a minor Blide bug where the console output does not match that of the default Ide when a NULL character appears, example code here...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=84628

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#64]
Can you elaborate more on this? I see you're using a different encoding for the console (outputing 64 bits characters), BLIde expects the default Max encoding, wich is Littleendinan Unicode (If I'm not wrong). So if you're outputing bigEndian or something else, you can have visualization issues. You could disable the UTF-8 console parameter on the BLIde preferences and see if that fits better your non-standard console outputing.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#65]
Hi Ziggy the bug appears when you generate a string with a Null element e.g.
Local a:String = "012"
Local b:Byte Ptr
b = a.ToCString()

b[1]:&0

a = String.FromBytes(b, a.Length)

Print a

Outputs only "0" from the Blide console and "02" in the BlizMax console.
The trouble is that the Blide console truncates the printed data and any further output will be appended to the "0" line not on a new line as expected.

TBase64 is aimed at converiting binary data into unicode compatible string format for transmission and storage alongside text e.g. XML, HTTP.

Tried turing off the UTF-8 to no effect.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#66]
@Merx: Thanks, I'll take then a deeper look to this.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#67]
@hub: I've been looking to this, and it seems MaxIDE is using now UTF-7 instead of UTF-8 to store special chars. I've changed this also to BLIde, to ensure cross-compatibility. Thanks for the report!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#68]
UTF-7 ??

Now there's something you don't see every day...

hub(Posted 2009) [#69]
Thanks ziggy, is there a link to download this new version ?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#70]
Not yet.. but hopefully tomorrow, as I'm also fixing a couple of issues in the console dealing the null char (Merx found bug) and a small serialization iussue on unmanaged solutions found by Gfk. So a full update will be available hopefully tomorrow, unless there's anything else to fix!

hub(Posted 2009) [#71]
Ok Thanks Ziggy.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#72]
As a side note, when I say I've changed UTF-8 to UTF-7 I mean BLIde (0.9.81 and above) will default to UTF-7 when reading files without any encoding mark containing special charaters, as this is the only way to load properly files edited with latest MaxIDE. It was UTF-8 in older versions of Max. When the file is stored in BLIde, a proper file with the proper encoding marks will be created instead. So no worries of cross-compatibility!

EDIT:
New version available for Plus users!!
Small (but important) changelog:
[*] Fixed an encoding compatibility issue with latest MaxIDE on windows. BLIde will now use UTF-7 instead of Unicode as the default text encoding when loading files with special characters and no byte-order mark, as this is how MaxIDE saves files cotaining special characters on Max 1.33

[*] Fixed an issue that was treating the null char as a string terminator when sending data to the Console Output window from a running file.

[*] Fixed an issue on the serialization of the compiler options when an unmanaged solution was stored on disk. BLIde could be on a inconsistent state after reading a wrong serialization of a unmanaged solution.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde unable to refresh its plugins when they were already running.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde unable to run 2 or more instances in a clean way.

[*] Fixed a "Document not found" unhandled exceptio when a BLIde user was building a BlPi file and the apropiate SDK package was not installed.

To get the update, just click on "Check for BLIde updates" or, if you have the "check for updates at start-up" just start blide. :D If you're running BLIde version below 0.9.80, you can also get this update on the customer's section of the BLIde website.

byo(Posted 2009) [#73]
Thanks a lot, ziggy.
BLIde keeps getting better and better. :)

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#74]
Hi Ziggy just got version 0.9.81 everthing was going fine until I built the project, it fell over gracefully I fixed that bug and rebuilt it only to find one of my bmx files has now been mangled '+' symbols have vanished from the code and nice chinese characters have popped up in places?

Thankfully I had a backup of the file which I replaced and then tried again only for the same problem to occur after a succesfull build with the same file! This is wierd, I'll check the default IDE and use the file with that to see if it has some encoding problem!

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#75]
It seems to be OK after I have opened the file and saved it in BlitzMax, another related file that I think I created in Blide prior to 0.9.81 has the same problem!

' use 16 x 8 grid 128
DebugLog index " " x ", " y " tile Count:"&#46633;&#24110;&#11053;.Count()

The unicode characters appear as ?chinese? glyphs!

Opening the same file in the maxIde and everything appears fine!

plash(Posted 2009) [#76]
@ziggy: Based on the post here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=84628#956551
I'm going to assume that you could have just removed null characters from console output, instead of changing the whole encoding for the console?
It seems to have broken more than it has fixed.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#77]
@Merx: In wich IDE were those file created/last saved? Can I have one of those files to see the internal encoding? When you say Mangled... what do you mean "exactly". Is the whole file unreadable? Take in consideration that the file saving algorithm has not been changed, so it may save files in the same way since BLIde 0.7.x, so if the file is 'mangled' it may be something related to wrong encoding at load time, probably caused by another IDE not placing the proper byteorder marks or something like that.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#78]
@Plash: The problem was the conversion to byte array to a string in .net I've fixed it, it has nothing to do with console formating and it has not broken anything! It now displays properly all contents to the console, even when a null char has to be displayed. The BLIde console is still using the same encoding that BlitzMax output. As it has laways been.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#79]
Rolled back new version untill I fix a small encoding issue tomorrow.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#80]
@Ziggy these files are ones I have been working on today in Blide before updating Blide, as I mentioned it seems to not display the + symbol and display oriental characters around other areas:

Here is what appears in the BlitzMax Ide
	' use 16 x 8 grid 128
	DebugLog index + " " + x + ", " + y +" tile Count:"+tileList.Count()

x:+1
	If x > 10 Then
		y:+1
		x = 0
	End If

And here is what appears in BLide
	' use 16 x 8 grid 128
	DebugLog index  " "  x  ", "  y " tile Count:"&#46633;&#24110;&#11053;.Count()

x:
	If x > 10 Then
		y:
		x = 0
	End If

It also affected a framework file I copied into the project today, that I have not altered.

What was interesting is the framework file worked (compiled) fine first time but post compile appeared mangled.

When I renewed the file from a backup it appeared unmangled and compiled fine, but after the compile and I believe autosave it was returned 'mangled' again.

But both files appear fine in the BlitzMax IDE?

For an example file try my Ludum Dare entry in my sig just tried the AWOD.bmx file from there and on first load got some nice oriental characters on line 202 just after nextPowerUpStep: where I believe there should be a plus symbol?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#81]
Please, send me the files when you can, so I can give them a try! Found it. BLIde was not getting properly the system default encoding when no byte-order mark was specified, and this has been introduced on 0.9.81, an update us scheduled for tomorrow, now, if you need to work, please roll back to 0.9.80, untill 0.9.82 is out tomorrow.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#82]
@ziggy please try the AWOD.bmx file from here

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#83]
Cheers Ziggy all files working fine now!

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#84]
Topic continues here