Max2d Dx9 Driver 1.32 Compatible Mod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Max2d Dx9 Driver 1.32 Compatible Mod

DStastny(Posted 2009) [#1]
With the release of Max 1.32 the changes to the Direct 9 headers that my driver required I can now finally release the Max2D driver as a module.

I have uploaded and Blitz Max 1.32 compatible Mod for the DX9 Max 2d driver.

In the samples directory, I have included a CAPSReporting tool precompiled for those that do not have MaxGUI. Please use this tool when reporting issue with driver so I can verify card caps.

For download click link in my signature.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing!

jsp(Posted 2009) [#3]
Works great. Thanks!

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#4]
nice share

markcw(Posted 2009) [#5]
Doug is class.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#6]
thanks! it works very well

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
Is anybody successfully using this on XP?

I tried my game with DX9 on an old test system and it suffered horrendous mouse lag, while it worked perfectly with DX7.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#8]
The DX7 driver has special code to lock the back buffer and prevent "dx rendering multiple frames ahead". From memory a GrabPixmap 0,0,1,1 before the flip was also a cheesy way to do the same.

DStastny(Posted 2009) [#9]
@GFK can you post a CAPS DUMP for me on that machine.

Thanks
Doug

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#10]
The DX7 driver has special code to lock the back buffer and prevent
Yes I recall that from a while back but I thought that the issue no longer existed in DX9?

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#11]
The only thing that exists in DX9 is the driver developer's interpretation of a spec blended with their manager's braindead priority to look good in simplistic performance benchmarks.

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#12]
The only thing that exists in DX9 is the driver developer's interpretation of a spec blended with their manager's braindead priority to look good in simplistic performance benchmarks.

Ouch! Bad experiences here, eh, Skid?

GfK(Posted 2009) [#13]
Here's what capsReport.exe says.

NOTE: The system is a P3-733MHz, 256MB RAM, GF2MX400 64MB graphics running Windows XP with DX9.0c installed. Nobody need chime in and tell me its crap, because I know it is. Its a test system and the whole point of its existence, is to be crap for testing purposes. :)

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#14]
I've been using Doug's older code for a long while now and haven't see any mouse lag with that on XP (or vista)...

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#15]
I tried the lines demo that came with the module and it doesn't show anything. is that how it supposed to work? anybody else have the same problem?

markcw(Posted 2009) [#16]
I tried the lines demo .. and it doesn't show anything..

Check it again, look at the main loop.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#17]
GFK, if that were an ATI video card, I would think it was an Original XBox. :)

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#18]
idiot! ...And the award goes to... Thanks Markcw.
I guess is because I spected something more created and took it for granted.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#19]
Maybe Doug can tell us why lines.bmx is the way it is.

DStastny(Posted 2009) [#20]
Its just shows a line :)

Someone had reported lines don't draw the same. So all the program does is draw a line. I was using it to see if it drew the same length on all drivers.

Doug