.a linking (with Mono)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/.a linking (with Mono)

plash(Posted 2009) [#1]
On windows you can import the mono library like so: (notice 'libmono.dll.a')
Import "C:\libraries\Mono\lib\libmono.dll.a"
Extern
	Function Mono_Config_Parse(file$z) = "mono_config_parse"  '= getprocaddress(handle,"mono_config_parse")
	Function mono_jit_init:Byte Ptr(file$z) = "mono_jit_init"
	Function mono_jit_cleanup(domain:Byte Ptr) = "mono_jit_cleanup"
	Function mono_runtime_exec_main(domain:Byte Ptr) = "mono_runtime_exec_main"
	Function mono_set_dirs(asmdir$z, cfgdir$z) = "mono_set_dirs"
	Function mono_domain_assembly_open:Byte Ptr(domain:Byte Ptr, file$z) = "mono_domain_assembly_open"
	Function mono_jit_exec(domain:Byte Ptr, assembly:Byte Ptr, argv:Int, argc$z) = "mono_jit_exec"
	Function mono_assembly_get_image:Byte Ptr(assembly:Byte Ptr) = "mono_assembly_get_image"

Function mono_class_from_name:Byte Ptr(image:Byte Ptr, namespace$z, name$z) = "mono_class_from_name"
	Function mono_class_get_method_from_name:Byte Ptr(klass:Byte Ptr, name$z, param_count:Int)
	Function mono_runtime_invoke(Meth:Byte Ptr, Obj:Byte Ptr, params:Byte Ptr, exc:Byte Ptr)

Function mono_object_new:Byte Ptr(domain:Byte Ptr, class:Byte Ptr) = "mono_object_new"
	Function mono_runtime_object_init(obj:Byte Ptr) = "mono_runtime_object_init"
End Extern

However, in Linux there is only libmono.a (no libmono.so.a or anything).

When trying to link to the libmono.a library I get about a 578kb worth of errors (mostly function definition errors).
Here is a section of the error list:

N(Posted 2009) [#2]
Try
Import "-lmono"

under Linux. That might work under Windows as well for the dynamic library, but I'm not sure.

plash(Posted 2009) [#3]
under Linux. That might work under Windows as well for the dynamic library, but I'm not sure.
Heh. I just recently found Brucey doing that in FMOD (along with the LD_OPTS ModuleInfo thing).

It works with windows, but I haven't got on Linux yet to test it..