360 Controller with rumble?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/360 Controller with rumble?

Snixx(Posted 2009) [#1]
Are there any libs that will allow me to use a (wired) 360 controller and use the rumble features (and of course all buttons and sticks?)

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#2]
Can't you use Pub.FreeJoy?

I don't see support for rumble in there though. I'm still waiting for my wired 360 controller to come in so I intend to look at somewhere next week.

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#3]
I have a lib for Blitz3D. Maybe it could be adapted to Max, but I dont have Max (yet, hopefully soon) to do it myself. Note that it's Windows only (and XP/Vista - dont know about Win7), wont work on Linux or Mac

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#4]
As HTBAA said.

Graphics 400,400

Local I:Int = 0
While Not KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)
			Local E:Int = 0
			For i = 1 To 32
				If JoyDown(i) Then
					e = 1
					Notify i
				End If
			Next 

If e = 0 Then
				For i = 1 To 1000
					If JoyDown(i) Then
					Notify i
				End If
				Next
			End If
Wend

is what I used for finding the codes of which keys do what (just press them with that code with controller hooked into usb). Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the codes for the buttons themselves.

Not sure about rumble either.

Oddball(Posted 2009) [#5]
XBox360 controller PUB.FreeJoy

Button codes:
Button A=0
Button B=1
button X=2
Button Y=3
Button LB=4
Button RB=5
Button Back=6
Button Start=7
Button left stick=8
Button right stick=9

Analogue:
Left stick=JoyX/JoyY
Right stick=JoyU/JoyR
Left trigger/Right trigger=JoyZ *Left trigger is positive and right trigger is negitive
D pad=JoyHat

Unavailabe:
No Big-X button or rumble

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#6]
Cool, thank you! Saves me some work to find it out when I get my controller.

Maybe there's some free public library that enables rumble support?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2009) [#7]
Try this for basic rumble support. Just copy and paste everything above the demo code into your own program, and call the functions listed at the top. (I haven't made this Strict-friendly, so you'll have to tweak it if your own code is Strict/SuperStrict.)

Try changing the controller port number if it doesn't work for you.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2009) [#8]
Here's the FreeJoy demo with rumble added to the analog sticks. Try holding both sticks all the way back and then move one or the other up and down to feel the low and high frequency motors in action.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#9]
Oh this is extremely cool, thanks! My controller is still being shipped from Hong-Kong though.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#10]
Just tested this, it works great. Thanks!

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#11]
Hello.

What do you think you're doing, saying "Thanks!" - my God! It sounds as if you're grateful :o)

Goodbye.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#12]
And your problem is... what? I just thank the guy for taking the time to figure out, which saves me time. Nobody gets harmed when someone gets thanked for his or her work.

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#13]
He was joking (dry sense of humour, but whatever).

Anyways, awesome rumble effect though - thanks for sharing this :)

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#14]
In that case don't mind me...