Make My Own Mod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Make My Own Mod

Jayjay(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi All

Thanks in advance for any help you give.

I would like to write a few modules that I think would be helpful for others. I would then like to distribute them as 'Mods'. Basically I do not want to give out my source code.

Can I compile to a 'mod' that can in some way be included in other peoples code and then referenced?

J

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#2]
Just copy the Mod folder to another location and delete all the source files in that copy. The source files aren't used, so there's no problem. Just be sure to only delete the source files on the copied version, as there's no way to get them back.

Jayjay(Posted 2009) [#3]
Okay so I have written some code. I compile it but there is NO 'MOD' folder based in my code directory....What am I missing? Where is the MOD file of my compliled code?

Thanks by the way TV3D

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#4]
In the mod directory of your BlitzMax installation.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#5]
It sounds as though you haven't written a module, just some code.

You need to add some declarations to your code, and move it into its own folder in the Module folder. See the tutorial here, and just ignore the C++ stuff if it doesn't apply.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42290

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
In the copy, with the source files deleted, you should have some files remaining. These will look something like this :
raptor.debug.macos.x86.a
raptor.debug.macos.x86.i
raptor.release.macos.x86.a
raptor.release.macos.x86.i

file ending with .a is the static library
file ending with .i is the interface file

These are required by the compiler when building an application that imports the module.
Do not include the (hidden) .bmx folder, as it contains assembler source of your original code.