IDE Error message

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IDE Error message

Bremer(Posted 2009) [#1]
Does anyone know why I would get an error message like this from the IDE?

The program keeps running, at least until I click OK.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#2]
I think that's the Garbage Collector complaining. If you're manually fiddling with reference counts, copying types by copying the underlying memory or using any kind of external DLL's which might be interfering with the GC ( ie: trying to use an object which the GC already collected ) then that might be something to look at. Or if you're building a DLL in BlitzMax, but that's probably not it.

Beyond that, I wouldn't know without seeing your code or knowing what sort of thing you were doing.

Bremer(Posted 2009) [#3]
I am coding a small module player using BASS for playing my .mod, .xm files.

I just did not know of the error, since I have not seen it before. But I will try and see if I am messing up somewhere when it comes to clearing out variables/types. The instrument syncronizing is using a TList, and it might be the way that I am freeing those between song changes that doesn't work as intended. Thanks for the info so far, it points me in a possible direction. :)

[edit] I made a copy of my code and removed the syncronization, and it does not crash with errors, so its clearly in the code with the syncronization. and probably something with that TList.