Maxgui.mod fails to build

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Maxgui.mod fails to build

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I recently added BAH.database (and sqlite) module to my blitzMax installation. I download and installed MinGW as mentioned on a number of forum topics (adding all the required system variables).

All the modules build fine with the exception of maxgui.mod.

I removed all the files for BM and reinstalled the new 1.30, and also downloaded the maxgui 1.30 and it still fails with the error below.

Can anyone help?

ar: creating C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.debug.win32.x86.a
Compiling:blitzplus.cpp
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/gui.h:14,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32gui.h:5,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/blitzplus.cpp:4:
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:9:16: list: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/gui.h:14,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32gui.h:5,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/blitzplus.cpp:4:
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:25: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:25: error: expected `;' before '<' token
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h: In member function `int BBTreeViewNode::countKids() const':
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:39: error: `_kids' undeclared (first use this function)
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:39: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/window.h:5,
                 from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/gui.h:18,
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/group.h: At global scope:
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/group.h:11: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/group.h:11: error: expected `;' before '<' token
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32gui.h:7,
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32iconstrip.h:13:18: vector: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32gui.h:7,
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32iconstrip.h:17: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32iconstrip.h:17: error: expected `;' before '<' token
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/blitzplus.cpp
Process complete

plash(Posted 2008) [#2]
What version of MinGW did you install?

I think the current version Max works with is 3.14.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
I think you mean 5.1x :-)

But I'm not entirely sure that is the issue.
You may have more luck with the Win32MaxGUIEx module, which is apparently much better than the current windows gui module. There'll be a post about it in the GUI section, probably.

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#4]
Th eonly one I could find was 5.1.4

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
When you installed MinGW, did you make sure the g++ package was also installed?
There are a few bits that make up a full developer MinGW installation.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
Oh, yeah that one..

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yes. I installed both the core and the g++. The thing is the BAH.database module compiles along with everything else. It just fails as soon as it tries to build MaxGui.

If I remove maxgui the build process complete successfully. The problem is my application requires it :(

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
Maybe the latest modules from here will work better?

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#9]
Must be my unlucky day. I downloaded and installed the Tortoise SVN x64 from this post:

http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=76731

But when I attempt to checkout the files it fails:

Error OPTIONS of 'http://blitzbasic.com:81/svn/maxgui/dev/maxgui.mod': could not
Error connecto to server (http://blitzbasic.com:81)

plash(Posted 2008) [#10]
Including the information that your on 64-bit would've been helpful.

I know you have to do some funky stuff in Linux to use BlitzMax with a 64-bit computer.. Not so sure about windows though.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#11]
http://blitzbasic.com:81/svn/maxgui/dev/maxgui.mod

This works for me...

With Tortoise SVN, did it ask you for your username and password?

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#12]
No, it just immediately failed with the errorsI mentioned before

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#13]
Oddly, I can view the file list in my browser (after entering username and password)

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#14]
Stupid firewall had been blocking the SVN transfer. It's working now.

I'll see if this resolves my MaxGUI issue and report back.

UPDATE:
No luck. After performing the SVN for MaxGui it still fails with exactly the same errors as before.

I'm wondering if this is down to the version of MinGw I have (5.1.4). Can anyone point me to a download location for the more compatible version? The sourceforge site only seems to have the latest version.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#15]
To me, this error :
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/../gui/treeview.h:9:16: list: No such file or directory

implies that the line
 #include <list>

is failing because you are missing something in your MinGW install. Really.

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#16]
That seems right to me as well. I'm thinking that the newer version of minGW removed some bits from it. Do you have access to the installer of minGW that does work properly?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#17]
Not if I can help it... Windows is more trouble than it's worth, IMO :-p

However, the link here seems to be available still (5.1.3) . Whether it will download the correct packages you need, is another thing entirely.

Remember to get g++, includes, etc. :-)

AlternativeRealities(Posted 2008) [#18]
Problem solved.

I uninstalled minGW completely, and reinstalled it to the default c:\MinGW. Personally I hate having folders in the root of C that shouldn't be there.

Changed the environment variables over and MaxGui now builds properly.

Many thanks for your help.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#19]
Glad you got it sorted in the end :-)