BLIde -- HOPE!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde -- HOPE!

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
http://www.komiga.com/?q=node/17

Waffles.

P.S. I was unable to get it working with Mono, something about MONO_PATH not having an assembly for VisualBasic, attempts to point Mono in the right direction failed..

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#2]
WOW! That's very interesting! :D
Could you please copy this files from your windows setup to the linux-wine setup and tell me if it makes it work better?

minidb.hdc
hck.cache
hlpdata.hdc
instantiable.hdc

I think this may help with the start-up process of BLIde.

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#3]
Very intresting.
Looking forward to this :)

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
I think this may help with the start-up process of BLIde.
I was originally working with my windows installation of BLIde, and since the path to BlitzMax was incorrect for Linux I had to reset it, and the cache was reset in the process.

I have BLIde running stable now (in a separate installation on Linux), and a few major issues have come up - but other than that it works quite well.

I'm still not entirely sure why, but BLIde was only working after resetting the cache and settings (basically starting from scratch). If I didn't do that it would just show a blank page (and eventually close on itself, attempting to throw an error event, but it seems like it never gets through).

I think having the welcome page show fixed it, and at all times you have to have a tab of any kind open, if you close them all and open a file or another tab it's window is tiny.

You have to show all the panels/windows you usually use in BLIde each time you start it up - they still save positions though (I might have messed this one up, I recall it working at one point - not really an issue though).
The 3 lines of the top and the bottom of a code-window leave visual fragments. If I scroll up the bottom three lines follow me - like the area isn't being cleared, the top is the same. One way to refresh the whole window is by selecting the text where it fragments.

Last night was all trying to get it working, so I haven't tested everything yet.

I think the module caching error had something to do with window focus. It hasn't been happening recently, I've been clicking on the cache window right as it comes up and waiting - seems to work.

I still have to make some plugins to compile the code using Linux instead (maybe with the sdk, maybe via an Add-on), and to figure out exactly what options/state BLIde has to be in to be safe.

I also recompiled the most recent version of mono and mono-basic, it now says BLIde doesn't have an entry-point, even though it mentions 'BLIde.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args)' in the error.
I remember reading something about mono and the My namespaces, it might or might not have been an issues, I briefly skimmed over it when I was looking for the mono-basic package.

ziggy, what files does BLIde use to verify the BlitzMax folder path? I'm going to try getting it working with my Linux installation (so far I've been using my windows installation).

Here's a shot.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#5]
The blitzmax path is stored in a file called path.txt But take in consideration that BLIde will look for a bin\bmk.exe inside this structure to ensure the path is properly set-up, so you may create a linkfile with this name pointing to the real linux bmk utility (I supose this would do the trick).

To the visual issues, this may be more related to wine that to BLIde itself. tab size positioning is based on some windows API wich may be getting incomplete or wrong results from wine when the tab container has to be recreated to allocate a single tab document for the first time... ?

Anyway, I loved the screenshot!

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#6]
if you close them all and open a file or another tab it's window is tiny

Resizing the whole BLIde window does not restore the tabed document size?

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
But take in consideration that BLIde will look for a bin\bmk.exe inside this structure to ensure the path is properly set-up
That is what I was looking for. Thank you.

EDIT:
Resizing the whole BLIde window does not restore the tabed document size?
No it does not, nor does maximizing/minimizing, take a look (the shot also shows some fragmenting).

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#8]
Ok, it seems the whole document container looses it's parent... that's very very weird!

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
I tried a symlink for the bin tools, and tried to compile this:
SuperStrict

Framework brl.blitz

Import brl.standardio

Print("Hello World")
End

Here's the output in the BLIde console:

But my terminal says this (notice the funky path):
Unable to open source file '/home/tim/blitzmax/E:/cstruct/code/lang/bmax/test/helloworld.bmx'fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"BLIde.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"BLIde.resources"

I'm going to try setting an add-on to output the arguments given (add-on's get the source code path, right?) and see if it is the same path as the error.

P.S. The 'Building...' window isn't hiding either :/

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#10]
If you do it as an AddOn, be sure to make the addon as a 'code processor'.

plash(Posted 2008) [#11]
Add-on's get the path correctly (built with MaxIDE - in Linux - and symlinked to an exe).

BLIde SDK does not work at all..

EDIT: Symlinking is not needed.

P.S. The nag screens about having to get the plus edition are very annoying (I'm not asking for you to remove them.. just to remove the bloody timer).

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#12]
BLIde SDK does not work at all

In the EDIT menu, do you have an option called "More edit options" ? If you do, the SDK engine works, it may be something related to the SDK compiler.

plash(Posted 2008) [#13]
In the EDIT menu, do you have an option called "More edit options" ?
Yes I do.

If you do, the SDK engine works, it may be something related to the SDK compiler.
That's what I meant then, it seemed to lock-up when I tried to compile some of the tutorial code for the SDK.

plash(Posted 2008) [#14]
With the SDK can you get debug, quick build, and build type options?

I'm thinking of using windows to compile a plugin (menu options for compiling.. probably hotkeys like Ctrl+B, Ctrl+R etc, unless you can override the main ones - thinking of F5).

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#15]
You can override the built-in ones using a plugin.

plash(Posted 2008) [#16]
Oooohh, sweet.

I'll have to mess with it. The only killer problem with BLIde and any type of windows-library clone on Linux, that I can think of, is debugging..