TV3D Wrapper Status

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/TV3D Wrapper Status

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#1]
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I guess BlitzMax Programming is slightly more appropriate than General Discussion.

Just a note to let people know what's happening. I'm surprised I haven't had any emails about it already, but pleased if no one has been inconvenienced thus far.

In General:

I don't have any web hosting at the moment, so all updates will be delivered in email. If anyone who doesn't have it needs it, please email me.

New Release:

A new version was released a few weeks ago, and subsequently re-released because it was buggy as all get-out. It's still buggy. Ridiculously buggy. Bugs reported months or even years ago are still being ignored, and the engine is just flat-out crashing for no reason for a lot of people with unchanged code. I'm not going to use it, and I'm not going to force anyone else to use it. If I update the wrapper, you're all stuck with an unusable version, and I don't want that for you any more than I want it for myself.

As far as I know there were no new features, just some (long overdue) bug fixes. If you desperately need an update, I can only suggest that you contact the TV3D developers and express your upset, as I am not in a position to do anything. I've sent emails, I've posted on the forums, and I do it because I feel responsible for people who use the wrapper since they would't *be* using it unless I had wrapped it. However, they're clearly fed up of hearing about everything they've broken and don't know how to fix, so they've pretty much taken to ignoring me until I pretend that everything is working.

So again, I'm sorry, but I can't do anything until they release a version which actually works.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Well, that's a bit sucky of them. You'd think it'd be a least a wee bit important to keep their users happy.
Or perhaps they aren't interested. Or, as you say, maybe they can't fix them - either for lack of want, or lack of know-how.

Shame there's not much more you can do about it really.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#3]
Or, as you say, maybe they can't fix them - either for lack of want, or lack of know-how.

I've been around tv3d a good while, and i'm a commercially licensed customer. Their main developer is a tiny bit like Marksibly, except it takes even longer before things come through, even less realistic of goals, and marksibly doesn't attack his customers (look through some of DS' posts) in such an unprofessional manner when questioned. Capable engine, but annoyingly bad rep for history repeating itself :(

markcw(Posted 2008) [#4]