New BLIde Plus 0.9.63-A available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New BLIde Plus 0.9.63-A available

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#1]
As the old thread is very big, I've started a new one with the anouncement of the next BLIde Plus version 0.9.63-A wich is currently available.

For newcomers, BLIde is a powerful windows IDE for BlitzMax. for more information see http://www.blide.org

This new version includes several fixes and improvements, so updating is highly recommended.

BLIde plus users can get the update here: http://www.blide.org/plus

As a side note, BLIde Free Edition will not get updates untill 2009, unless a important stability issue has to be fixed. BLIde Free Edition will still be mantained, but it is not a priority any more.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice! Thanks for the hard work Ziggy. BLIde Plus truly is a great editor. I wouldn't want to program in BlitzMax without it :-).

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
As a side note, BLIde Free Edition will not get updates untill 2009
Would that be January? I'll be back here for it!

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#4]
yes, it will be January.

Kistjes(Posted 2008) [#5]
Manel,
Just installed the 0.9.63-A update but now BLIde Plus says there is an update available: 0.9.62-B
I simply ignore this but I thought you want to know.

Keep up the good work! ;)
I totally agree with Htbaa.

Ron

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#6]
@Kistjes: This could be your ISP catching the data access. Some ISP do this during 24 hours to files that are suposed to be static. Version control is performed using a server txt file that contains current version information, so this could be the cause for this.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#7]
@ziggy: You can usually force it to ignore cache by adding a timestamp to the url, something like http://www.example.com/verstion.txt?12948475

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#8]
@Htbaa: Wow, thank's

MGE(Posted 2008) [#9]
"You can usually force it to ignore cache by adding a timestamp..." or just add random numbers like alot of sites do. ?rnd=12363095 etc, etc, etc.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#10]
Timestamp, random number. Doesn't matter, concept is the same. Using a timestamp is random enough.

plash(Posted 2008) [#11]
Did you see my question, ziggy?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79426#916846

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#12]
@Plash:
In wxMax you usually create a widget by calling
Local Widget:wxWidget = New(wxWidget).Create(...parameters)
where Create is a method.
Sadly BLIde does not recognize that the Create function is being called from the wxWidget type, so it can't provide parameter information (for the method wxWidget.Create().)
Now, I could call it like this
Local Widget:wxWidget = New wxWidget.Create(...parameters)

but I prefer to have parameters around every function/method call regardless if it returns something or not.

Could you add this feature, if possible?

This would need a deep not very elegant hack in the internal BLIde lexical parser. I'll take a look to see if it would have any side effects on performance or false intelliprompt members, and if viable, I'll add it.

@christian223
Is it posible to change the color of the fonts and background of the console and code analizer?,
i would prefer other color than white so that it doesnt hurt my eyes after hours of work.

It is possible for the editor window, where you can customize fonts, colors, etc. for every BLIde Parser, but not on the regular windows like console, etc. I'll add this feature for users working with a hi-contrast color schema.

christian223(Posted 2008) [#13]
I'll add this feature for users working with a hi-contrast color schema.

That great to hear, me and my eyes thank you. :D

plash(Posted 2008) [#14]
Suggestion (if it already isn't implemented), expand blocks for Try..End Try statements.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#15]
@Plash: I'll see how easy can this be.

gameproducer(Posted 2008) [#16]
Bought the thing a moment ago... the free version is great, looking forward to get to see that plus version in my hands soon :)

seriouslee(Posted 2008) [#17]
Thanks, Ziggy, for making this. I absolutely love it. So much that I bought the lifetime edition!

Thanks again.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#18]
Thanks for the feedback! ;D It is much apreaciated!