New Star Soccer 4 has been released!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New Star Soccer 4 has been released!

siread(Posted 2008) [#1]

Just a little message to say that New Star Soccer 4 is now on sale! This has been a long and arduous journey of around 2 and a half years and I want to say a massive thank you to the Blitz community for helping me out on countless occasions. Special thanks go to Mark Sibly, SimonH, Fry Crayola, Brucey and Ziggy.

It is a BlitzMax game and uses MiniB3D, FryGui and a good handful of Brucey's mods. All constructed within Blide. :)

Check out the game here:
http://www.newstarsoccer.com

Please try it out and let me know if you have any problems. I know of a couple of compatibility issues and will be working on those as a priority.

Next week I shall be uploading a Mac version.

plash(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks like a Wii game! (not an insult!)
Sounds fun :)

Grats.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#3]
Still get garbled 3d graphics on my pc, even on lowest settings : shapes are okay, textures are mashed.

This happens on and even on lowest detail, 800x600, 16bit)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#4]
I've been testing the game and it looks great! the only issues I've found are lots of spelling mistakes on the Spanish clubs names. Most of them have spelling mistakes.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Most of them have spelling mistakes.

Perhaps that is intentional?

siread(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yeah, I need to avoid licensing issues, so all player names and club names are changed slightly. There are already some unofficial patches though. ;)

Currently working on the graphics issues and an Intel Mac version.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#7]
Congrats. This game is so fun

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yeah, I need to avoid licensing issues, so all player names and club names are changed slightly.

That may not be sufficient if they are 'confusingly similar' especially when used in the same context...

mongia2(Posted 2008) [#9]
good news

:)