Textured Polygon

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Textured Polygon

Dex(Posted 2008) [#1]
The TexturedPoly Func works perfectly now that the Ints have been changed to Floats, thanks warpy. Just one thing though, I noticed that the line,

DrawImage tmpImage, -100, - 100 ' Chtob zbit' flag texturi

at the end of the 'DrawTexturedPolyOGL' function is there to correct a colour problem? Without this call to DrawImage the colours go screwy and are to dark. I managed to hide the image behind my poly tiles, which is fine except this extra call to DrawImage is an overhead my code could do without.

Even tried checking the 'glmax2D' mod to try found out how drawimage is correcting the colour,without any luck! Does anyone have any idea how to correct the colour without having to use DrawImage?

I thought of drawing all the tiles first them calling DrawImage to correct the colour, but Im making an Iso map, so need to layer my tiles with Bmps,so am forced to make the extra DrawImage function call each tile draw to corret the colour first.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#2]
Interesting piece of code !
Don't know well at this point if all these specific drivers things will work on different hardware and if it's fast though.

I'm wondering if adding repeated UV (tiled texture) is possible ?

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#3]
There is a bindTexture function for opengl that do the trick.
Don't know about DX though.

I get this here :
http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79462#894458

Function SetTextureRepeat(image:TImage)
	Local n:Int = image.seqs.Length
	Repeat
		n:-1
		glBindTexture GL_TEXTURE_2D, TGLImageFrame(image.Frame(n)).name
		glTexParameteri GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT
		glTexParameteri GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT
	Until n < 1
End Function

Then it's just a matter of setting higher than 1.0 the UV of the DrawTexturedPoly function :)

EDIT: improved SetTextureRepeat to handle sequences frame TImage

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#4]
In fact there is a DX version, a complete SetTextureRepeat and DrawTexturedPoly here :

http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79234#889717

I don't know why but the second one corrupt my viewport with white Lightblend stuff.
So I choose your version of DrawTexturedPoly with the second SetTextureRepeat

Yan(Posted 2008) [#5]
I don't know why but the second one corrupt my viewport with white Lightblend stuff.
It does?

I can't seem to recreate the the problem here. Got any example code?

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hard to reproduce since it's inside the main code of my game but I will try. I probably miss a graphic specific setting somewhere.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#7]
I didn't see it at first glance but as my game use pixel art assets the Const scale#=1.28 obviously scale every pixels.
Just set it up to 1.0 and things are greats again :)