Any games that use MaxGUI for windowed mode?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Any games that use MaxGUI for windowed mode?

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just curious. Are there any BMax games that have a windowed mode powered by MaxGUI?

Jason.

Taron(Posted 2008) [#2]
yup, and I'm truely happy about it, too!
Some things are next to impossible without MGui!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2008) [#3]
In the BlitzMax samples, under hi-toro, you'll find a hastily converted "rockout_gui.bmx"...

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#4]
Some things are next to impossible without MGui!

Such as?

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks James, I know about Rock Out, any others? Maybe some games that are for sale?

Jason.

pls(Posted 2008) [#6]
"Su doku Live" uses MaxGUI... Got published it retail (US & Canada) Win/Mac

PLS

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#7]
I`ll check it out, thanks. Can GUI windows be resized and moved in code? For example, is there a simple ResizeWindow like command? I couldn`t see one listed in the docs but I may have missed it.

Jason.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yah you change the gadget width/height.

jsp(Posted 2008) [#9]
You can set the size and position, or even maximize, minimize the window. Put it on top of others, force the focus to it, give it an alpha value to look through or check for dropped files.
Set a maximum or minimum size between it could be resized. Switch on or off titlebar, toolbar, menu, statusbar. Give it background color and a lot more...

A few commands:
SetGadgetShape( gadget:TGadget,x,y,w,h )
SetMinWindowSize( window:TGadget,w,h )
MaximizeWindow( window:TGadget )

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#10]
How is this done? I can see a way to retrieve a gadgets width\height but how do I set it?

Also is there a way to set the Windows icon in the top left when using MaxGUI? I know that this is not possible normally (just using BMax) but does MaxGUI rectify this problem?

Jason.

(Edit: Sorry, jsp posted just before I could send this so a lot of my questions have already been answered.)

jsp(Posted 2008) [#11]
See the code below. The icon can be set via a resource file which need to be setup first and can then be imported during compile.

Taron(Posted 2008) [#12]
Best Icon setting solution in Yan's last post of this thread!

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#13]
BLIde Plus is easier. Select the ico file and click a button from the IDE :D

SpaceAce(Posted 2008) [#14]
I see jsp was here, already, but I just wanted to say that if you're planning to do anything with MaxGUI, you should purchase LogicGUI. It's amazing how robust and useful LogicGUI has become since jsp first started working on it; it's definitely on my "must have" list for BlitzMax programming.

SpaceAce

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#15]
Actually Ziggy on the subject of BLide, I tried to use the icon feature and although the desktop icon was change correctly the window icon stayed the same as when you use BMax normally, i.e. a blank white square. Does it only work on MaxGUI windows?

I am only using the free edition at the moment so maybe this is why?

Jason.