Project Studio and Bah.mods

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Project Studio and Bah.mods

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#1]
So I decided to give Project Studio a try after finding one of GFK's posts about it. Has anyone had problems with project studio not keeping the settings and saying the blitzmax plugin isnt configured?

edited as I found the reason why bah.mods wouldnt work (it has some kinda funky auto detect if you try and compile from a mods folder)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
I've used some of Brucey's mods before with PS and I don't recall having any problems.

I'm using the Pro version of PS so this might not be completely helpful. Go into Tools/Options/Languages/Blitzmax/. Open the General pane and check that the MinGW path is correctly set (C:\MinGW), then click Mods/Modules and hit 'refresh'.

If its still not having it, should probably post more info. I.e. if a build fails, there should be an error message.

[edit] You edited your post. It seems you're building a module??

[edit again]
edited as I found the reason why bah.mods wouldnt work.

....and?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
I don't know Project Studio... but is it possible that because the examples are "inside" the module folder hierarchy, that Project Studio thinks it should be compiling the module itself, rather than the example in there?

Over to the Project Studio guy ;-)

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ah ya it auto detects "modules" fixed that one, er oi anyhow still have a problem with it not keeping my settings, Vista x64 sp1 (admin mode)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not sure on the settings thing, unless its something to do with 64-bit windows or UAC or something.

I'd give Matt a nudge on the http://www.projectstudioide.com forums - although he's busy, might take a bit to get a reply.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#6]
Snixx,

Have you set to Run As Administrator? if not, it may not save correctly.

Directly compiling Mods via the editor is supposed to work, but I do know (from my own experience) under certain situations it was still not working as expected. I do have it on my list if issues to rectify. Saying that, you can go directly into the Options to complete this task.

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hey, yup its all in admin mode, the actual config file in my docs has the correct path... program files (x86)\blitzmax, but when relaunching the app its just not finding it.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#8]
Snixx,

Someone else had a similar issue a while ago, but I couldn't determine what the issue was - perhaps it is the x64 stuff as I develop on Vista (with UAC turned on) and have users on it as well (I think GFK is using it??). My brother has x64 vista, might get him to take a look for me.

Try either:

* removing the <user>\Project Studio 2007\Settings folder (which will re-create on restart)

* manually editing UserSettings.settings in the above folder (it's an XML file, just open in Notepad or similar). Look for the BlitzMax\Compiler section.

Let me know how you go.

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#9]
The only compiler section I could find in the config was this

<Compiler>
        <BlitzMaxPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\BlitzMax</BlitzMaxPath>
        <MinGWPath>C:\MinGW</MinGWPath>
        <CompilerOutput>Default</CompilerOutput>
</Compiler>

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#10]
Snixx,

Yep - thats the one. Both the BlitzMax and MinGW paths need to be set to the respective root directories.

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#11]
In that case my settings are correct and they work when I set them the first time, its just on every launch I need to reset the path.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#12]
Snixx,

Sorry mate not sure what you are saying there - is it being reset to something different??

Snixx(Posted 2008) [#13]
Every time I started Project Studio it asked me to set the path, even thou the path was correct in the xml file.

Anyhow I reinstalled Vista after a failed hackintosh attempt (shhh) and it now works perfectly.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#14]
Snixx,

Very odd - anyway glad it's Ok now. Wish I could work that one out...