One instance of BMax suggestion

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/One instance of BMax suggestion

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
When running BMax and then double clicking another .BMX file a whole new BMax IDE is loaded. Would it not be possible to just have the newly loaded file open in the existing BMax IDE that is already running?

Maybe there is a valid reason that this is not already the case? If there is then please excuse me :)

Jason.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
Yeah I'd like the same.

AltanilConard(Posted 2008) [#3]
When I click a .BMX file, it opens in an old BMax IDE (located in the UpdateBackup1 folder). So it does open an other IDE, but after that it opens all files there. I'm still trying to figure out how to open all .BMX files in the newest IDE.
(I'm on a mac btw.)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
I'm still trying to figure out how to open all .BMX files in the newest IDE.

Remove the old one :-)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#5]
I don't even use the standard IDE unless I want to knock up some quick test code to work out a maths problem or something. Project Studio for me.

I don't know how anybody manages to use MaxIDE with any results. OO is fiendish when you don't have the benefit of intellisense.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
OO is fiendish when you don't have the benefit of intellisense.

Nah, I just use common-sense :-p

markcw(Posted 2008) [#7]
intellisense, isn't that like that word-complete thingy in mobile phones?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#8]
No. Intellisense doesn't make stuff up.

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
intellisense, isn't that like that word-complete thingy in mobile phones?
lol!

Sledge(Posted 2008) [#10]
When I click a .BMX file, it opens in an old BMax IDE (located in the UpdateBackup1 folder). So it does open an other IDE, but after that it opens all files there. I'm still trying to figure out how to open all .BMX files in the newest IDE.
Hey you're one up on the rest of us!

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#11]
I don't know how anybody manages to use MaxIDE with any results
Shame my games don't count as results then ;-p

Having said that, I'll be changing IDE for the next game. It's been on my to do list for 6 months...

Warpy(Posted 2008) [#12]
I only ever use MaxIDE...

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2008) [#13]
I've tried so many different blitz ide's i've lost count, but I keep coming back to MaxIDE. The rest just seems to have too much fluff to be useful.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#14]
Also ... "a workman never blames his tools"...

MGE(Posted 2008) [#15]
Jim T - Have you tried Blide+ ?

Mahan(Posted 2008) [#16]
"a workman never blames his tools"

True. But on the other hand: You rarely see a professional carpenter using a noname drill "made in china" that costed $20, do you? Instead you see lots of carpenters using Hilti and Bosch drills and quality tools.

On a sidenote i use BlitzMax + Blide+ and I can easily say it's my best invested software money so far if i calculate $ per hours used.