Feature i would like to happen for BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Feature i would like to happen for BlitzMax

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#1]
DLL user lib for SDK
DLL export to export BlitzMax Commands to use with Dark Basic and Dark Basic Professional.

(Good For BlitzBasic3D SDK and MaxGui and any modules to use independantly to program with Dark Basic And Dark Basic Professional).

Andrew Mann

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
DLL export to export BlitzMax Commands to use with Dark Basic and Dark Basic Professional.
Why?

That's as stupid as putting a spoiler on a rickshaw.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#3]
I guess if somebody wants to do it, let em. However you would not really be able to export MaxGUI as a DLL to use in another language without a MaxGUI licence and then BRL might have something to day about making it available to rival platforms.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
You can make dll's of BlitzMax code already, just not of the actual modules, that would violate BRL's license.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#5]
Even if the question made sense, I can't see why anyone would fill one of this poster's requests. Every couple of weeks he posts asking people to convert something to be compatible with something else, often things which are fundamentally useless to combine, let alone practical. I'm honestly unsure if this is some kind of joke or if he genuinely has no idea what most of these products are and do.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm honestly unsure if this is some kind of joke
Unlikely.

or if he genuinely has no idea what most of these products are and do.
Highly likely.

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#7]
I suspect Asperger Syndrome

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
....to program with Dark Basic And Dark Basic Professional

If they are so lacking in the features you think BlitzMax can supply them with, why on earth are you using them?

If ... DBPro = programming language .. and ... BlitzMax = programming language
but .... DBPro < BlitzMax
then surely you'd just go with BlitzMax?

But I've never tried Dark Basic, so I don't know what I'm missing... :-p

BlitzSupport(Posted 2008) [#9]

But I've never tried Dark Basic, so I don't know what I'm missing...

SuperStrict
Print missing

--

Building untitled1
Compiling:untitled1.bmx
Compile Error: Identifier 'missing' not found

That's as stupid as putting a spoiler on a rickshaw.

But my Honda Accord 1.8S Automatic has a spoiler... oh, wait. I suddenly understand.

xMicky(Posted 2008) [#10]
I just ended a phase of playing around with with DarkBasic Pro and I had the same idea like Andrew Mann:

How wonderful it would be if one could combine the language qualities of DarkBasic with the 3D Abilities of BlitzMax, Lee Bamber and Marks Sibly might call it "DarkBlitz" ...

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#11]
combine the language qualities of DarkBasic
Are there any language features that are not acomplished (much better) on BlitzMax?

xMicky(Posted 2008) [#12]
@ziggy ;)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#13]
Uh! f***k!
hahahaha

xMicky(Posted 2008) [#14]
okay, to be serious:

while it would be nonsense to put the stoneaged-language of darkbasic together with currently no native 3D-features in BMax, in my opinion it would very well make sense to give BMax a DLL which makes here the 3D-Commands of DarkBasic accessable...

DarkBasic uses currently DirectX9 and is just a step away to enter DirectX10, you can use programmable shaders, and there are are many other nice features just a codeline away. Perhaps it would spent BRL the time to write their own 3D Modul so they could focus on language orientated topics like reflection and threats.

By the way, for Purebasic there IS already a wrapper-DLL from darkbasic available since a short time.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#15]
while it would be nonsense to put the stoneaged-language of darkbasic together with currently no native 3D-features in BMax, in my opinion it would very well make sense to give BMax a DLL which makes here the 3D-Commands of DarkBasic accessable...

You mean the Dark GDK? Isn't it compatible with BlitzMax already? It seems to just be a pure C DLL from what I see of it.

xMicky(Posted 2008) [#16]
Isn't it compatible with BlitzMax already?

I didn't make any experiments to test this, but for pureBasic they name it "pureGDK" and they sell it for 129,99 $, therefore I think you can not use it for BMax (either because of technical or, if the other GDK for Visual C++ Express 2008 can be accessed through BMax, for legal reasons)