BCS BLIde plugin for BriskVirtualMachine

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BCS BLIde plugin for BriskVirtualMachine

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#1]
A Plugin to generate automatically BCS files from regular BMX files is available to all BLIde users and Brisk Vistual Machine users.
This plugin will generate automatically the definitions file of a given BMX file, creating the needed tweaks to export functions inside types, understanding properly globals, multiline comments, and everything.

You can get the plugin here: http://www.blide.org/plugins/downloads/Generate_bcs.zip

this is a first small step on the implementation of Brisk Virtual Machine complete plugin for BLIde.

As the source is included, If anybody wants to help improving this plug in or solving any bug, It would be great.

Enjoy!

GW(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice!

This doesn't work for v.9.52?

Koriolis(Posted 2008) [#3]
This is great :)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#4]
@GW: No, it doesn't work for 0.9.52. Just a question, is there any reason to be using this 0.9.52 version???? If using BLIde Free Edition, you can get for free version 0.9.58-c, and current BLIde Plus version is 0.9.60-a and both have been deeply tested and are quite more stable than 0.9.52

plash(Posted 2008) [#5]
A reason to use xp again... Thanks ziggy.

GW(Posted 2008) [#6]
Is there any reason to be using this 0.9.52 version????

Because each new version seems to hog more memory and have less and less usable features ect.

If you would host all the previous versions of Blide for download I would be ok with updating, but because they aren't available I'm hesitant to do so. (once you upgrade your stuck)
If I could I would use some version much older than 0.9.52.

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
Note: it is only necessary to add what a const variable is equal to in the command set, not globals.

i.e. (BLIde export)
Global settings:TSettings = New(TSettings)

will work just fine as
Global settings:TSettings

Either way I get no errors.
Everything is reference based, except constants, and everything in the command set gets compiled into the binaries, thus increasing the size.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#8]
@Plash: So deleting whatever is next to the = in a global declaration would fix this?

@GW: Current BLIde Plus version (0.9.60) uses less memory and is faster becouse a major update of the internal BLIde engine (more use of generics, etc.) Anyway, if you keep a copy of the current 0.9.52 version installer, I would suggest you to test new version. but it is completelly up to you :D

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
@Plash: So deleting whatever is next to the = in a global declaration would fix this?
Clearly.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#10]
Updated version with the globals fix available. Just download it again.