Thread Board

Archives Forums/General Discussion/Thread Board

H&K(Posted 2008) [#1]
Ok, SO threads are in yippy. Docs?

No I didnt think so. (Not that I mind really, BUT....) threads are going to be a new thing to learn in Bmax, they may turnout to be easy peasy, or really hard I dont know.

But the way most of us learn BMax is via the forums. So could we not, at this early stage move all "Mutli thread" posts to there own little subsection in the boards.

So that when I, (and I assume others) start to look for info on it, its there ready, with the good ones stickied.

Thanks

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
There's a sticky topic for this. It doesn't need its own forum any more than reflection, or timers, or maths does.

H&K(Posted 2008) [#3]
Maybe, but I wouldnt mind a separete board for tmap and reflection

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ok, SO threads are in yippy. Docs?

It's experimental. That means liable to change. Why would you write docs for an as yet unsupported feature? SVN is *development* code that BRL lets you see & use if you wish. Docs will (hopefully!) come when (if) it gets into an full release.

H&K(Posted 2008) [#5]
It's experimental
lol, so when its not experimental it will be in the docs? Maybe maybe not. The whole point of Bmex was teh SELF documentation, so even if experental, either the writer has completed the self docs bit or they havent.

However, I wasnt MOANING about the DOCS. I was simple asking for a seperate thread, whilst it is or isnt experemental.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#6]
The whole point of Bmex was teh SELF documentation

Only in so far as the basic docs structure. You still have to write the explanations and examples, which would be moving targets right now.

I was simple asking for a seperate thread, whilst it is or isnt experemental.

A separate board per subject would become unwieldy. What's really needed is a better search function that can go by topic, but that's non-trivial. You could possibly argue for an "advanced techniques" board, but then there's already a beginner's / normal users board....

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
The whole point of Bmex (sic) was teh (sic) SELF documentation
It was? Oh. And here's me writing games with it.

I feel silly now.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
I also think we should have a board to discuss If Then Else.

And one for Debugging, since people always have questions about that.

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
And maybe one for Linux segmentation faults, too.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#10]
How about a puki board?

[EDIT]Oh, hang on a minute, that would be old Off Topic board wouldn't it?[/EDIT]

CS_TBL(Posted 2008) [#11]
Yes.. oh please can we have a puki board? That would be largeness!

MGE(Posted 2008) [#12]
Seems like alot of folk like experimenting with lower level design, I'm not sure if it's game related or not, but I could certainly see a third forum area for advanced subjects not directly related to game design.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#13]
Games? What's that got to do with BlitzMax? :-p

Winni(Posted 2008) [#14]

Games? What's that got to do with BlitzMax? :-p

I'd like to have that one answered, too. So far, it's the only thing I've never done with BlitzMax. ;-)

therevills(Posted 2008) [#15]
What about using the Wiki (http://www.blitzmax.org/)? Create a page in the advanced section?

Scaremonger(Posted 2008) [#16]
I agree with @therevills, the wiki is the way to go, and the docs can be easily upgraded as the product develops.