Anybody need a good programmer?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Anybody need a good programmer?

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello folks.

I've been a member of this forum for a long time. I'm a programmer by profession (mainly C#/.Net Web apps). I had been extremely busy (traveling a lot) over the past couple years, but have been given a new position where I am now fixed in one office and am no longer required to travel.

I'd love to sink my teath into some serious game programming, but have zero graphical skills.

In short, is there anybody working on a project that could use a good programmer? (Willing to work for free, just in it to exercise my programming muscles) ;)

-jim

Yan(Posted 2008) [#2]
Considered contributing to the CEIDE?

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#3]
I'd love to get involved but the web site doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Do you have any examples of your work?

jp22(Posted 2008) [#5]
Having worked in the games industry for 20+ years, I just thought I'd mention that you don't need to know graphics to be a games programmer. Indeed, the core engine team may require such detailed knowledge, but the actual game logic / sound / network / AI is handled by others. In short, a good game team will rely on tools and API's which take the hard work out of having to know graphics...

Best bet - send your CV to an agency such as OPM (if you're in the UK..)

Also take a look at thechaosengine.com

A lot of games industry types are members, and it's a good place to get noticed.

Finally, if possible, attend GDC or AGDC (if you're in the US). There's a large part dedicated to hiring talent...And you can pick up a load of old plastic crap (pens / frisbees and other things which my nephews love me for :) )

Cheers
JP

big10p(Posted 2008) [#6]
I don't think he's looking for a job in the industry, just a hobby project.

jp22(Posted 2008) [#7]
(my bad...)

markcw(Posted 2008) [#8]
Well this guy is looking for help with his Dune 2 remake in BMax.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79652