Project Studio auto complete available?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Project Studio auto complete available?

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
In Project Studio is it possible to get the IDE to offer suggestions as you type without having to press backspace first? It seems like a great feature to have but pressing backspace feels very awkward, at least to me.

In IDEal suggestions come up automatically as and when you type, for example you type "Gr" and you will instantly be offered a list of the most suitable options, like Graphics.

If this is not already available (maybe I`m missing a setting?) could the author please consider adding it?

I think that it would improve ease of use of an otherwise great IDE. Maybe it`s in the Pro version?

Jason.

Abrexxes(Posted 2008) [#2]
The professional version is for developers who are serious about their programming and require the latest development features to provide the edge over their competitors. This version comes with all the features of the express version, plus major enhancements in the areas of project management, expanded intellisense (across your entire project) and user definable task and comment lists.

quote from : http://www.projectstudioide.com/

bye

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
Press CTRL + Space.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#4]
Cheers guys but I know both of those things already. What I guess I`m saying is that I don`t want to have to press any key combinations, the IDE should just offer me suggestions as I type and if I want them I can then just press tab or whatever. If I don`t want the suggested words then I can just carry on and the list will disappear.

It works so well in IDEal I urge anyone making IDE`s to check it out if they haven`t already for some great feature ideas.

Jason.

Muttley(Posted 2008) [#5]
BLIde does what you want.

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#6]
Right now I endorse BLIde. My only complaint is it is slow to start up. If a similar editor with the same functionality and startup times like MS VC++, I would switch to that.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#7]
In BLIde if I follow my example above and start to type the word Graphics I am offered no suggetions. Am I missing something?

Jason.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2008) [#8]
Quicksilva,

Currently I believe it is a limitation of the control I'm using. VS2008 changed the process to how you are requesting + filters the list to available items which it currently doesn't (still shows it all). This control was built before this updated (and admitted nicer way).

I will be spending some quality tuime shortly finalising the Pro version, so will have a play and see what I can do.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#9]
OK thanks, hope that you manage to find a solution.

Jason.

Muttley(Posted 2008) [#10]
@QuickSilva: Sorry, I misread your post.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#11]
That`s OK :)

Jason.