VisualMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/VisualMax

Blueapples(Posted 2008) [#1]
Well this is what I've been working on: http://blitzmax.com/logs/userlog.php?user=9248&log=1444

The short of it is that once I've got this all finished, you will be able to create a whole application (okay, a simple Hello World demo) using only these lines of code:

frmMain.bmx
Incbin "frmMain.frm"

Type TfrmMain Extends VMForm

Method cmdSayHello_Click(Event:TEvent)
    Notify "Hello world!"
  EndMethod

EndType

Your thoughts?

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#2]
I was proptotiping something like that to be included on BLIde but I dropped development becouse MaxGUI was so buggy at that time. I think it is a very good idea now that MaxGUI is far more stable, and we have wxwidgets knoking on the door.

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
YAY! finally a gui editor in the IDE :)

Though it would be alot more appealing if it were ported to wxMax.

EDIT: but then the gui editor would have to make use of sizers (like wxFormBuilder), which sounds really complex to me.

Blueapples(Posted 2008) [#4]
My GUI builder pretty much behaves exactly like Visual Basic / Delphi / etc, a very standard drag & drop pixel perfect designer. I'm not sure how difficult it will be to port to BM but I have seen the basic elements required to get it done.

The underlying gadgets are always accessible - currently in BlitzMax but hopefully before release I will port it over to wxMax. The form designer itself is going to be coded in an "agnostic" way (if possible) so it won't be much of an issue to bring it along.