Oh My Bugs!!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Oh My Bugs!!

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#1]
I just spent 2 hours chasing a self inflicted bug...

Here's the scenario. It's a 2D game where the tiles spawn into other tiles when "killed". The tile has a dieDelay. I couldn't figure out why the spawned tiles were clearing (fading) when matched at a different rate. Come to find out, the original tile fade time was carrying over to the new tile. I don't know whether to kick myself or have a beer. I hate bugs like that...

It's fixed though. Maybe post a screenie later.

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#2]
Here's another interesting tidbit. I've been extensively perusing the www.soundrangers.com site for sounds for my game. I realized that the game Heroes of Might and Magic II used soundrangers. It's totally unmistakeable. HOMM II is the best anyhow. I tried V and the 3D conversion just sucks IMO.

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#3]
I like it when I find bugs, it somehow reassures me. I get a little concerned when I write code that works first time (unless it's a very short code snippet), dunno why.

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have another bug that's quite puzzling. I had a var called tile.ID. I'm doing a Select case against two tiles. I add tile1.ID and tile2.ID. The sums are even if it's a match. For......um....jebus....just by typing this out...I realized the bug...

LMAO...back later!

Macguffin(Posted 2008) [#5]
I used to do project management, and got the same feeling Perturbatio got... until -something- blew up on milestone day, I couldn't relax. I knew it was just waiting in the wings for me until it happened.