axe.mod and subversion

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/axe.mod and subversion

Rozek(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello!

Now that MaxGUI has been significantly enhanced, I would like to give BlitzMax/MaxGUI a try again.

Thus, I installed subversion, built all the modules - but where have the axe.mod modules gone? What is the recommended way to add them to the SVN-based BlitzMax installation?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yan(Posted 2008) [#2]
If your just after the new MaxGUI mod, it's been incorporated within the new MaxGUI folder on SVN.

Have a look at...

http://blitzbasic.com:81/svn/blitzmax/README/ (the forum refuses to turn that URL into a link) and this for info about checking out the dev version of BMax and MaxGUI, and this for information about the new MaxGUI module itself.

If you're after the other stuff that was in axe.mod then I haven't got a clue how you'd get that now. :o/

Rozek(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hello Ian,

thanks for your immediate response - unfortunately, I am after the other stuff...

Otus(Posted 2008) [#4]
I hope "install an older version and use syncmods" isn't the only answer.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#5]
I think skid was intending to move the other stuff to Google Code, but for now, I think Otus may be right...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#6]
I hope "install an older version and use syncmods" isn't the only answer.

I haven't actually tried this, so use at your own risk (make a backup of your blitzmax folder(s) just in case) but... there is a text file /cfg/modservers.cfg which points to the latest syncmods folder.

Change the contents of that modservers.cfg file to say this instead:
http://blitzbasic.com/modserver126/

and try the following from the command line from inside your /blitzmax/bin folder:

syncmods -u username -p password axe

That ought to make it see the axe modules and download them... Remember to change modservers.cfg back to the correct 128 modeserver afterwards.

Macguffin(Posted 2008) [#7]
As a note, I did that when asking the same question, and managed to hose my install of BlitzMax. YMMV.