BlitzMax with 3Impact?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax with 3Impact?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hiya all,

I put MOD files in to Blitzmax Mod Folder then I run some 3Impact example but I keep getting compile error that say Missing function parameter bvSync

can anyone help me on this please

Amon(Posted 2008) [#2]
It just means that you're missing a parameter in i3impactsettings.

Make sure you have an extra false or true in the parameters where you set up the screen res.

e.g If Not i3ImpactSettings(_ISETTINGS(640, 480, 32, False, True, False)) RuntimeError

Also, you should post any 3impact issues on the 3impact forum. :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#3]
I have run the program and it say

Building AlphaTexturesUnlimited
Compiling:AlphaTexturesUnlimited.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
3 passes, 20586 bytes.
Linking:AlphaTexturesUnlimited.exe
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/_3impact.mod/libs/libdll3impact.a
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/DEMOS/AlphaTexturesUnlimited/AlphaTexturesUnlimited.exe
Process complete

p.s. I cant even register 3Impact forum because it say Sorry, registration is currently disabled. :(

Amon(Posted 2008) [#4]
You need to have a full license for 3impact to have forum access and you also need the dll files from the full release in order for the BlitzMax wrapper to work.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#5]
oh right and how do you rate 3Impact? Excellent? good? not bad? crap?

It cost 200 dollar( which about 100 pounds)

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hello Hotshot
My license from 3Impact is registered since 24/Feb/2007
It no longer support the free updates process BUT you can still have the 5.7.0.0 new version for only 49.5$ with it.
The 3Impact Developing Team tell me it was possible to transfer my License to someone else.
So I can sell you mine if you want !

Originally I was demanding 100€ (around 135$ at that time http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69663#779598) but since you need to purchase the 49.5$ update (which enable you free updates for a whole year) I can give my license away for 50€ only.

I've check with a currency converters and it's about 65 pounds for both (my license + the updates).

The reason is still the same : no times to produce 3D games for the moment, so no use of 3D engine :)

jeffmorris(Posted 2008) [#7]
I have problems trying to get 3Impact and BlitzMAX working together. When I try to compile code in BlitzMAX, I get a message complaining about missing function bvSync. I'm not sure if 3Impact version 5.8 is compatible with BlitzMAX version 1.3. I think that instructions for setting up BlitzMAX and 3Impact may be incorrect. I think that BlitzMAX-3Impact wrapper needs to be updated for 3Impact 5.8. Any suggestions?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
Any suggestions?

Find out who made the wrapper and give them a nudge and a poke... perhaps they'll update it.

jeffmorris(Posted 2008) [#9]
Is there another 3D engine that works well with BlitzMAX?

gman(Posted 2008) [#10]
greetings :) my apologies on the delayed update. was working on a game for the RetroRemakes competition. the module has now been updated for v5.8. for the answer to the bvSync issue, it is saying you are missing a parameter. please see the first answer by Amon.

for a list of 3D engines see:

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72893