IDE font sometimes changes size

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IDE font sometimes changes size

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
Has anyone ever noticed how sometimes the IDE font changes size, like goes a bit larger for all text in a file or just a section? Just now for the first time the font shrunk! All the text in one file is smaller but the other files are fine. I'm not using the default font, I'm using Consolas (fixed width). Reopening it resolves the problem because the font sizes are not stored in the file of course.

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#2]
I only have that happen when I cut-and-paste from something else, such as this forum or from notepad.

I take that back. I just tried doing [CTRL]-Scroll Wheel combo which works in IE for changing font size, and the size changed. Maybe that's what you did?

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#3]
It has happened to me too. Still using the standard IDE Grey? Thought you might have changed to one of the others by now.

Jason.

Digital Anime(Posted 2008) [#4]
Same happened to me in the standard IDE indeed when copy-paste text with other fonts. No troubles with this in BLIde so far.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
Aah it was th mousewheel, thanks all! Although it doesn't explain why sometimes a section of code which has not been pasted in from outside the IDE gets bigger...

QuickSilva: Yep still on the "classic" IDE, it does the job enough for me to do my job ;-) I had on my to do list this year to try another IDE out but have not got round to it (too many other priorities) as learning as new IDE can take quite a while.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#6]
May be worth taking the time though as it would probably speed up your work flow even more in the long run. I hear great things about Project Studio and BLIde.

Jason.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yeah I realise it's probably a good time investment but I don't seem to be able to even find the time to change ;-)