Simple Question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Simple Question

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#1]
Would you pay for a source code file that would enable you to do a sort of in-game debugging?

What I'm working on is a "library" that when called creates a GUI window interface allowing you to actively change and view in program variables. All in-program and available in release form. Kind-of like a built-in trainer or debugger. It's taken me a while and the package comes with a parser that will load you source code and generate the template include to easily set up the code so you can just plop it in and compile.
It allows you to set up groups, variables, Color3 Groups, and even Type/Objects.

I was gonna ask for like $5, one buy use it all you need. It's a simple code that's quick and easy cause theres no fancy pipelines or memory mangling just makes a pretty gui to do all your variable needs. It's just taken a WHILE to code. About 700 lines and not done.

Digital Anime(Posted 2008) [#2]
I wouldn't need/use it myself. Probably used to use print, notify and runtimeerror commands to put them in between to locate an issue.

But for the rest who may be interested I would advice at least some screenshots or even a trial/limited version so we can test it.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#3]
Well that works for debug mode and all for error checking. This does runtime editing of variables for release versions. Enabling authorized modding/training.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#4]
This sounds really good and could be very useful to me. I would need to see some sort of demo before shelling out even $5, though.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yeah I figure.

I want 5 cause its taken me a while to code it with GUI and support for individual type objects and all.

When its done I'll post a demo.