This strange error I got...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/This strange error I got...

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#1]
Okay, yesterday I switched over to the SVN version of BlitzMax. (of which I wonder why I got 1.30 in Windows Vista and 1.28 on MacOS, oh well).

In my current project I contineously see the next error appear in my output screen:
2008-06-13 10:31:23.323 TARI Editor.debug[13588] *** Assertion failure in -[NSTabView removeTabViewItem:](), AppKit.subproj/NSTabView.m:597
2008-06-13 10:31:23.323 TARI Editor.debug[13588] *** -[NSAutoreleasePool dealloc]: Exception ignored while releasing an object in an autorelease pool: Invalid parameter not satisfying: [_tabViewItems containsObject:tabViewItem]

As far as I saw now, this does not affect the functionality of the program itself in any way, everything works as I intened so far. When I quit the program I get a messagebox showing the same error.
So far this only happened on MacOS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) on PPC, since I won't be able to test in in Windows till Monday I've no idea if this error will pop up there too.

Now I wonder, is this a bug in BlitzMax, or is it possible I used some "incorrect coding".

Too bad I cannot give any source because of a) security reasons, and b) the source is pretty big and I don't know what feature in my project causes it.

The project does use MaxGUI, and I cannot get the feeling out of my head the problem could lie there.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
The message only pops up because of the IDE.. it catches stderr messages and will show you the first one it gets in the popup.
If you run it outside the IDE you won't get the popup.

However, it's likely something isn't cleaning up properly, given the error. Is it a constant message, or something that only appears when you do things in the app?

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#3]
I've tried to replicate the error.
I must say that the app noted in the error is some kind of a menu app that chains a collection of apps together. The error is produced when an external app cleans up the MaxGUI gadgets it uses. I find this rather strange since the appname shown in the error is the main program.

Anyway, that the error happens when cleaning up the memory is very likely.