Ouch....

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Ouch....

rod54(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is the second time (cant get bmax to run) ... I am bummed as I just purchased the Blitz 3D sdk but now when I try to run blitz max the cursor goes to a timer for a brief sec and then nothing can't get bmax to load or run

I have purchesed ever blitz softwarer package including the original blitz

I have a HP 3800+ AMD dual core system and have just installed
a Nvidia e geForce 8800 gt+ card I am running XP and have upgraded to 3 gig of ram .

Please let me know what I could look at that is causing this

rod54(Posted 2008) [#2]
I should add that I have blitz 3D and it load and runs fines as does blitz plus

rod54(Posted 2008) [#3]
Okay this is perplexing -- shut down to take a break -- came back and restarted and I can not run BMAX from the directory , or from shortcuts
on desktop

DREAM(Posted 2008) [#4]
tried uninstalling and reinstalling.......

rod54(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yes I have uninstalled and re installed

jhans0n(Posted 2008) [#6]
When you uninstalled, did you verify that the whole BlitzMax folder had gone away? Remember that when you uninstall programs from Windows, most of the time they leave crap behind.

Also, when it stops running, does it error out or just disappear?

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#7]
I might be remembering something different, but wasn't there a problem with running BlitzMAX programs and a utility called Window Blinds? Do you happen to have that program on your system? If not, was anything installed between when BMax was running and when it stopped?

dmaz(Posted 2008) [#8]
I had a problem a little like this a more than a year ago. after a reboot max would run without problem. then after I ran a few programs (mostly games) then and max application would no longer launch and end up like you are describing. all other apps would still work fine though.

I upgraded the video drivers and the problem disappeared.

rod54(Posted 2008) [#9]
I think the issue was I had down loaded a program to make windows transparent and perhaps this was causing the issue.

Once I turned it off everything was okay ..

It worked some times in transparent but othertimes did not.

Thanks for the info ...