Please test my first real game?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Please test my first real game?

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Could you please test Qbix my updated game, it had too high a graphics memory footprint, so I need to check to see if it will now work with mid to low spec graphics cards (<64 Mb)?

If you could let me know if it works OK for you and the specs of the system you ran it on, especially the memory of your graphics card?

Thank You

VicViper(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hi Merx.

Running Ok here, width 128 Mb Graphic Card.

Cheers.

(Sorry for my bad english. :)

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#3]
Cheers VicViper,
You wouldn't happen to have or know someone with a lower spec gfx card (<64 Mb) who could test the game would you?

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have a laptop with an intel integrated graphics card (Intel Extreme Graphics 2 with 64MB) combined with a P4 2,8ghz. If I don't forget I'll try it later tonight.

VicViper(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hi Merx.

I come from my father`s home now. They have a old pc width 64 mb gfx card. Your game run ok, very good. Is is not a <64 but is a old slow pc.

This week I try go to a friendīs home that have a lot of pcīs with severals gfx cards. If he have < 64mb gfx card i test your game here. :)

Cheers.

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thanks Htbaa and VicViper,
the more the merrier!

On board graphics would be an ideal test as I believe they have to pass the textures via the AGP bus!

Thank You

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#7]
Graphically runs ok on my vista machine with a crap intel card, but there's a sound lag. You may use OpenAL on Vista to avoid this.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#8]
Works perfectly, no problems. Didn't understand how to finish the first level so I gave up. But it works perfectly ;)

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thank you Ziggy and Htbaa,

So it's working well, but needs OpenAL sound for Vista and could do with a better help screen ;o)

Cheers

Tommo(Posted 2008) [#10]
winXP with 128mb G6800, no problem here.
I cleared the first level by coincidence. You really need a better help screen.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#11]
i have a 64mb gfx card and it worked here,
it also detected when the mouse was clicked outside of the application- are you using the grey alien framework?

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#12]
Cheers Tommo, that's great I'm on the help screen!

Thanks Jeremy P. So in windowed mode it responded to a click outside of the window, I'll look into it.

Not on this one, it's hand crafted, I've got the framework now and will use it on my next project or look into reworking it into this game!

Thank You