Window Maximized?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Window Maximized?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#1]
Does anyone know how to have a BlitzMax program find out whether a window belonging to an another program is maximized or not, when you have its hWnd?

I know that I can send a ShowWindow(hWnd%,SW_Maximize) to actually maximize an existing window, but how do I find out it's current state?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#2]
After some more searching I found some BlitzPlus code by Soja on the forums that seem to return the info I need, but so far I haven't been able to convert it to BlitzMax. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

BlitzPlus:

My BlitzMax translation attempt: (Grabbing the hWnd of the foreground window instead, other than that it ought to be the same)

It fails with: Compile Error - Identifyer type does not match declared type on the line:
	wp:WindowPlacement = New WindowPlacement

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#3]
Defining the variable wp as Local seemed to stop this from failing. However, you may also need to Extern the GetWindowPlacement api as it doesn't appear to be in user32.bmx. You might also want to check those WaitEvent() Select values in case they are different in BMax - when i compiled your program (after bypassing the call to GetWindowPlacement), trying to close the window did nothing and I was forced to End Task it.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#4]
Looks that that did it -- thanks!