Build Error "gl/gl.h: No such file or directory"

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Build Error "gl/gl.h: No such file or directory"

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just followed the instructions to get and build the latest version from SVN only to get the following build error...

Compiling:glu.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
3 passes, 452 bytes.
Compiling:opengl.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
3 passes, 50004 bytes.
Archiving:opengl.debug.win32.x86.a
ar: creating D:/BlitzMaxSVN/blitzmax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.debug.win32.x86.a
Compiling:glgraphics.win32.c
D:/BlitzMaxSVN/blitzmax/mod/brl.mod/glgraphics.mod/glgraphics.win32.c:3:19: gl/gl.h: No such file or directory
Build Error: failed to compile D:/BlitzMaxSVN/blitzmax/mod/brl.mod/glgraphics.mod/glgraphics.win32.c
Process complete

gl/gl.h is in the MinGW include directory so I'm a little bit stumped as to what the problem is, can you help?

Tried again with completely new svn checkout of all files and built from command line only to fail in the same place?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#2]
Are you using Vista? What is the path of your MinGW directory i.e. is it on the same (D:) drive?

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#3]
Using w2k, MinGW on C: and path set in env. var for MinGW root?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
I may be barking up completely the wrong tree, but I remember somebody once saying that BlitzMax doesn't work with MinGW installations when it is installed to a different drive to that of BlitzMax. In this case you have MinGW on drive C, and the BlitzMaxSVN folder on drive D.

Therefore, can you try moving the BlitzMaxSVN folder to somewhere on the C drive and try recompiling? It's a shot in the dark, but it might work.

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#5]
Cheers, SebHoll I uninstalled MinGW from C: and reinstalled to D: with my SVN checkouts of max, updated the path and env. vars and now it appears to be building fine!

Mind you I have had to learn more about bmk and it's command line, I hadn't realised that it was built in BMax and the source was in the src folder, still it could do with a help parameter to list the commands and what they do!

bmk [ makeapp | makelib | makemods | cleanmods | zapmod | unzapmod | syncmods | convertbb | ranlibdir ] ?