BlitzMax and Skype

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax and Skype

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi!

Having skype running in the background, can i start a Skype call from my blitzmax application?

It would be great if someone can post a simple example ;)

Thanks!

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
You can use OpenURL to open an EXE, if that's what you mean?

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#3]
what i need is not to simply start the Skype exe... i would like to control skype, and automatically start a skype call to a specified contact using my blitmax program.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Oh. Dunno then. Never used Skype.

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#5]
You might find it easier to use something like AutoHotKey:
http://www.autohotkey.com

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#6]
mmmhhh... it's not the way! Probably there is a standard method (.. a windows DLL or something else) wich allows a external application to comunicate with Skype and start a call to a predefined contact.

I need to know if there is such method, and how it works.

Thanks anyway!!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
Indeed. There's a Skype API...

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nice :) I've never used skype and its api... i'm working hard on something else, but i urgently need to know if i can integrate the "skype support" in my program. If there is a public API, i would LOVE if someone can post a simple example wich show me how it works... i just need the essentials... i just need to call a predefined skype contact... maybe Brucey you can create a NEW and COOL BlitzMax module ;)

Bremer(Posted 2008) [#9]
Here is a link to their forum for the API:

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showforum=16

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#10]
The API reference is here: https://developer.skype.com/Docs/ApiDoc

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thanks for the help! Now if there is a brave coder who want help me and post a working blitzmax example, i will appreciate it very very much!

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#12]
You could also use SendKeys, which is a Windows API thing where you can send keystrokes to another app. Kind of hokey, but may work in your situation.

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#13]
i prefer to use directly the Skype API... but actually i'm busy... and lazy about reading the Skype docs ;)... so i'm looking for a generous coder who want to post a simple example wich show how to send a skype command using the skype API. I guess this will be usefull for several Blitz coders wich will be able to integrate the skype support in their applications!

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#14]
And what is your generous honorar for doing so if you are to lazy to do it yourself?

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#15]
i'm just learning blitzmax programming, and so i'm not good enough at the moment for doing it myself... as i've said before i think this can be interesting for other people, so a nice example will be useful for all the community. As always helping each other should be a good honorar :)

Bremer(Posted 2008) [#16]
So far it doesn't look like anyone have had a need for the Skype API, so I am thinking that if someone were to take out time to make a module for that, they would want something in return. Its not like its a 5 minute job.

There is a difference between helping out with a few short bits of code here and there and creating a complete module for an API. I think that is the reason why Dreamora asked what you were willing to give in return. And its never a good idea to say that you are too lazy to do it, that really puts people off right away.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#17]
In that case, you should first learn BM, then learn some C / C++ and then try to understand the API and do it yourself.

If other people would be interested, it would have been done or at least attempted somewhen in the 2.x years of BMs existance ...

Helping people is fine.
Doing lazy asses job is not fine and its rude to even ask for such a thing if you are not willing to pay for it.

Ghizzo(Posted 2008) [#18]
I'm sorry... I have been misunderstood :( Probably my bad english. I was joking.... i'm not so lazy! The REAL problem, as i've specified, is that i'm not so good as Blitzmax programmer. I don't need a complete module wich handle the whole skype API. i was looking for the essential info:

1- how to access to the spyke API
2- how to send a skype command using the dll